TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
amimad? Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

how do i make her understand/stop??? - June 25th 2009, 03:58 AM

She's pissed me off far enough that I've punched her in the face once, she honestly is a dumbass.

Everynight she goes to bars till the next afternoon screwing every pervert in there. She forgets she has 3 kids "I'm the middle child more concernd for my 11 year old brother"

I try to tell her all the time "you don't quit I'm getting the hell out of this house and I'm taking tony with me"

She sent me to vermont for 6 weeks where this was my last conversation.

Word for word.

Mom; hey hos I goin?
Me; are you drunk?
Mom: I just had a few hony.
Me: when you die from kidney and liver failure don't complain to me
Mom: haha I love u hunter!!
Me: shut the fuck up fucking whore you forget you have 3 fucking kids in the house whilw you have your own fun, go to hell bitch.
Mom: I thuhjt we werew havin a norm convo, guess niot I'm gona take a bath love you hunter!
Me: drunk..

She's a fucking retartd when I get back I'm gona kill her I swear, and I have the guts for it she's pissed me off to much, how do I get her to stay in the house, not drink, live a better life.

If I don't stop her, she will die, and I could give a fuck less, I'm just morr worried for my little brother, he doesn't deserve this kinda bullshit she does.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: how do i make her understand/stop??? - June 25th 2009, 04:35 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry, that's not fair.
I sort of understand were you're coming from, my dad used to drink a lot and act like that, thankfully he stopped. I know your upset with her but she might have problems of her own and she thinks drinking is the way to solve her problems and now she's addicted, maybe she can't just stop. Is there anytime of the day, where she is sober where you can calmly explain to her about the way she is acting? It's not fair to you and your siblings, it's not.

Do you have any other family members that maybe you guys could live with. Have another adult speak with your mother about her behavior. Gather information from different rehabs and hand it to her to look over? Talk to somebody.

Violence and harsh words aren't going to make her stop and I know how much it angers/hurts you to see you're mother doing this to herself but sometimes that makes them want to drink more. You have to calmly explain to them, what they are doing and why it's wrong. How you deserve better. If you guys are being neglacted and you can't take it, call child services, they can be helpful.

If you want to talk, feel free to PM me.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: how do i make her understand/stop??? - June 25th 2009, 05:19 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry that you have to go through that. I understand how that feels - sort of in a similar situation with my dad. I've had to watch him walk out of the house with a bottle in his hand, so I know how hard going through that is.

But I agree with Cassie - fighting what makes you angry with more anger only adds more stress to the situation. Child services can definitely help out, or getting in touch with your or your mother's doctor could help, too. Calling a helpline can be helpful (probably why they're called helplines), as you can rant and get out your frustration to someone who will be able to listen to what you verbally say (we're always here to listen to what you have to say in terms of writing it down), and might be able to help figure out how to change your situation, too.

Hang in there. PM me anytime if you want to talk.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: how do i make her understand/stop??? - June 25th 2009, 07:15 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry your mom is doing the irresponsible thing and letting loose while you and your siblings are at home. Though, parents need lives too, they also need to be responsible enough to know when too much is too much. I think you and your family are very strong for putting up with this and still continuing to try. However, I think you should do it for all of your benefits. I know you say you don't care, but try caring about her because she obviously has some troubles. It must be hard to be her, and she's making it even harder for you to grow up.

I really don't think any form of violence is going to solve your problem. If anything, it will push her to drink more. Once of the hardest things to do is be supportive without taking too much on your own shoulders. It's good to be stern and point out the wrongs, however, I don't believe swearing and cursing will or has gotten you anywhere. I know it's hard, but try and act with composure and care. Let her know that she's hurting you and she's making it awful hard to grow up at your current living stages. We all make mistakes, and your mom is making a big one, but it doesn't mean she isn't too far gone. She can turn around, but she needs support to get her there.

I think you should try telling responsible people in your family about it? Maybe a grandparent or something? The best way to help her is to get someone else involved who can do the proper steps to sobriety. Maybe your mom could join Alcoholics Anonymous? Right now, keep in mind the safety of you and your siblings. If you can, tell a family member and try to move in with them? If nothing else works, I suggest reporting this to the police. They could file this under child abuse because it is a form of neglect. From there, things would be straightened out and you wouldn't need to worry about having to yourself.

I know this is a hard situation to be in, but it isn't impossible and there are solutions. Don't be afraid to ask the proper people for help. You doctor and family members can help convince your mom to be sober, but she has to want to herself. Unfortunately, she is her own person and can make her own choices. If she won't come clean, you need to think about your well being and take care of yourself and siblings. If you need anything or anyone to talk to, I'm only a PM away. Take care.

-Have hope

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Re: how do i make her understand/stop??? - June 26th 2009, 04:23 PM

I'm sorry things are so shitty man . Hang in there. Get your brother and yourself outta there. You said 3 kids so if there's another sibling get him or her too. You NEED to get outta that house. It's a bad place for you and your siblings. Hang in there buddy, PM me if you need it.

Closed Thread