TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cryingxxinside Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

can't do it anymore - June 25th 2009, 04:50 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I can't do this anymore. I've been severely depressed since sixth grade, and that was years ago. I don't recall a week that I haven't contemplated killing myself. I decided to take the plunge and finish everything this week. Three days ago I took XXX 500mg tablets of tylenol. Two days ago I took XXX, and last night I took XXX. Yet nothings happened. I had slight stomach pain for like an hour when I woke up but I feel fine now. Should I be worried? How long does it usually take for things to happen? This also is not my first experience with tylenol. I've overdosed about 2 times before and just had stomach pain the next couple of days. But I would have thought I would be in agonizing pain today. I just need it all to be over with...

Last edited by SimplyComplex; June 25th 2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Taking out amounts :]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: can't do it anymore - June 25th 2009, 05:01 AM

Hey,

You really really need to go to a hospital ASAP.
I know you say you want it to end but this is NOT the solution, suicide is never the answer. I'm sorry that you've been battling depression for so long but that doesn't mean you need to give up! You're 19, you're young, you have you're whole life ahead of you to do whatever you want. You will be happy one day, things don't stay bad forever, they don't.

Please, go and seek some help.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: can't do it anymore - June 25th 2009, 05:11 AM

Hey there,

first off, welcome to TH. But I agree with Cassie - you do need to get medical attention right away. Even if it doesn't seem like anything is happening, you could end up suddenly having issues at a time really inconvenient for you or possibly dangerous for other people (like driving).

And suicide is NOT an option. I have a friend who's been dealing with depression since she was young, too, and she's going to be nineteen in a few weeks. But she is doing just that - dealing with it. She's found ways to help her cope, even though there are still bad days. Because the good days are always worth it. I've found that what one typically wants is for the hurt to stop, not for everything to stop. There's a way to get past the hurt while still going on yourself. The best way out is through.

Have you ever had a counselor to talk to? Or tried talking to a doctor about what's going on?

Hang in there, and please take care of yourself ASAP.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: can't do it anymore - June 25th 2009, 07:55 AM

Hey,

You're trying really hard to end everything so early. You're 19, there are so many years left to get better. You know, if you put as much effort as you do with attempting suicide into trying to get better, things might get a little easier. I'm not trying to be rude or sound insensitive. Things sound hard. It's not abnormal for us to want out of the things that are most difficult, but suicide is not a portal to a better part of life. It's just causing your more pain. It's now causing you physical pain in your stomach. The only way you can fully try to get better is if you let go of suicide being an option when things get hard. So long as there is an easy way out, there will never be any progress towards getting better. Suicide is a permanent attempt to fix a temporary set of problems.

I agree with the people above, I think you should talk to a professional. They might be able to help guide you and understand why you're feeling like this. It isn't supposed to hurt so much - living. You're not supposed to feel so sad and hurt all the time. You might be able to fix this with a therapy class or medication. Your solution could be a doctors appointment away, don't throw away a long and happy life for a quick way out. You can do this and you need to believe in that.

As for your overdose, it's difficult to say for certain because it hasn't been very long since you took your last overdose. Patients have been known to die with liver failure after a day or two of the overdose. My suggestion to you is to immediately drive/walk - get to the emergency as soon as you can. With Tylenol, there is a wider range of side effect times and you took a lot. If not that, at least call your local poison control center. They can give you some tips.

Everything I said can be found here: Tylenol (Acetaminophen) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList

Either way, I think you need to give yourself a chance to get better because even though you have been feeling like this for so long, you haven't given yourself the chance to get better and it's not an overnight treatment. You might be surprised at the result you get. If you're feeling suicidal, try utilizing a suicide hot-line near you or PM me if you need someone to talk to. Please take care.

-Have hope

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: can't do it anymore - June 25th 2009, 05:09 PM

Hey there.

I'm so sorry that you've been feeling so bad for so long. I understand how hard it is when you've been suffering for so long. You don't deserve to feel this way and it's not your fault.

Taking an overdose is very dangerous and it can have some nasty long-term effects. It isn't the answer. Overdosing does not solve anything - it only causes more pain and damage and there is no need for it. It may sound like a good idea now, but if you reach out and get some professional help you could get through this and improve your life, rather than attempting to destroy it even further.
You should be worried if you've taken an overdose of any drug. Overdosing is dangerous and can extreme damage to your internal organs. I would recommend that you seek some medical advice as soon as you can.

I know how difficult it is when you're struggling with depression for so long but there is help out for you. You don't have to fight this by yourself. There is help and support out there if you are willing to go out and get it. Depression is very treatable and you can get through this.

Closed Thread