TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

why wont anyone let me go!?! - June 28th 2009, 04:50 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I told a councellor on kooth that I wanted to die then she bloody called the police who came round to my house the next day and made it ten times worse! why cant they just let me die??!! there is no point in me being here anymore, so wtf! they made me promise not to follow out my plan, but why not? I dont see why ayone would want me here! im completly useless!!
i give up..
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: why wont anyone let me go!?! - June 28th 2009, 05:47 PM

Hey Georgia-Louise.
It sounds like there are a lot of people in your life who care about you, and are fighting to keep you alive. But the only person not fighting is you. I understand that it is difficult to live at times, but why give up? Obviously there are a lot of people who find you worth it, and anything but useless. If that were not true, they would not be trying so hard to keep you alive, would they? They care about you, so why give up on them? Why give up on yourself? You still have a lot of life ahead of you, a lot of possibilities, a lot of ways to make the life you live a million times better. Living isn't what is useless, it is giving up that just isn't worth it.

Have you ever talked to anyone about how you feel? Not just about feeling suicidal, but about the feelings that are possibly causing you to feel this way? Talking things through with someone who can help you is often a great way to work through your emotions. If you aren't already, I would definitely suggest talking to a therapist or a counselor. You could get in touch with one by visiting your doctor, who will be able to recommend you a therapist to speak with.

Don't give up on yourself or your life, because even though it may not seem like it, getting through these things is possible, and it's worth it. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: why wont anyone let me go!?! - June 28th 2009, 07:12 PM

Hey, I'm sorry you feel that way. You obviously have a lot of people who care about you and want you to live, I know how it feels to want to die, but trust me I'm glad I'm still here. The people who are fighting to keep you here are doing it because they love you. They want you to live, not live miserably. They want you around so they can help you get better because if you die, they can't do anything for you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: why wont anyone let me go!?! - June 28th 2009, 08:56 PM

Hi Georgia-louise,

first, cool name. It's really pretty.

Second, of course there's a point to you being there. I'm really sorry that things are feeling really low right now. But I promise, you are NOT useless. You are the only person, ever who can be you. And the fact that you are living and breathing and being person means that you have a point. And everyone is intrinsically their own point anyway, because each person is kind of born mattering. You don't really have to do anything to merit it. Sometimes people just do extra credit.

Your family, your friends, the friends you've yet to make, the person you've maybe yet to marry, all the people who still have to come in to your life - you matter to them. You're a vital part of their lives. And what you want to do, from dying your hair to whatever career choice you make, matter, too.

So hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: why wont anyone let me go!?! - June 29th 2009, 07:09 AM

Hey,

They are not letting you go through with your plans because they care about you and love you and they believe that you deserve to live.

You said that you talked to someone and that is great but have you talked to them about what is making you feel suicidal? If you don't know what is making you feel this way talking to a professional could be really helpful because they might be able to help you figure out what is the cause behind these yucky feelings.

Also, I wanted to say that you are not useless. People are not useless because then they wouldn't have been born.

Please hang in there and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Carly Jessica

Re: why wont anyone let me go!?! - June 30th 2009, 02:42 AM

dont give up i am in the same situsion email me kelseyjoy16@hotmail.com

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Sparks Offline
Batteries Not Included
Average Joe

Re: why wont anyone let me go!?! - June 30th 2009, 03:27 AM

We're all have just as much worth as each-other, there's always a reason to continue living, you've just gotta look hard sometimes. Life can be a bummer, but people won't let you go because they truly believe that things will get better for you, and they are right. Killing yourself just robs you of your own deserved happiness you're guaranteed to find if you stay focused on whats really important and meaningful to you.

"How can you get a goose out of a bottle?"
Imagine that a baby gosling was placed inside one of those big glass bottles with a little opening that you see model ships in, and raised inside, until it is fully grown and can no longer fit out through the neck of the bottle. How can you get the goose out of the bottle? Without hurting/killing the goose.

If i don't respond, it's because you haven't said anything.

Pain is momentary media is Eternal
http://www.myspace.com/MandaG01

Closed Thread