TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
StokesieT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Talia

I'm Ready - June 30th 2009, 05:58 PM

This isn't a call out for help or anything just a rant to end my life with. So I've been at war with my mind for a long time, half of it has the reason in my life and the other half is the one telling me to go through with it. Well the second half has finally won and the plan that I have made for over two months now will go down in less than a weeks time. I've given my life time (4 years to be exact) to be happy and feel like I actually belong somewhere but I haven't been given any hope. So I'm finally going to go through with the plan (when no ones home hopefully) and it will work there's no doubt about that. There is no more reason in my life, no longer emotions, just actions. I'm scared for myself but at the same time I'm excited for myself. So..in all honesty I hope every adolescent out there gets the help they really deserve (yes, it is very hypocritical of me) or someone finds out that they need it. Peace.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I'm Ready - June 30th 2009, 06:11 PM

Hey there,

please don't do this. I know that things can feel really end-of-the-line, especially after a really long time of trying to change stuff, but you have to keep at it. What if it just took five years for you to be happy? You wouldn't be able to find that out. I have a friend who's been dealing with depression for around a decade now - but she's finally finding ways for her to be happy, like, the real sort of happy.

You deserve to get the help that you need, to. And there is always reason in your life, even when it feels like your empty. Because you are still there. And you are always a reason for your life.

Because nobody else gets to live it. You are the only one, ever, who can be you, who can live your life story. Don't you want to see how it turns out? And you have a say in what life's pen does with it, too. But don't cut it short.

Do you have anyone to talk to about how your feeling, like a counselor or family member or friend? And everyone here at TH is always here to listen, too.

As long as your still breathing, that other half of you will always win. You can decide to win your own fight.

Hang in there. Please take care of yourself.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: I'm Ready - June 30th 2009, 06:12 PM

I know you said this isn't a call for help but I'm going to help. You've let the side that shouldn't win, win. You've said that part of you want to stay here, so why aren't you going with that side instead? Because there must be something good about that side which why it's there and I know life can be hard at times and just taking the easier option always seems like the best one but it's a permanent solution to temporary problems that you can make your way through and come out a stronger and hopefully happier person.

I have no right to stand in the way of your decision but I really think that you should give it a second thought because it's not worth giving up and regret it when you can fight and come away proud of what you've done.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: I'm Ready - June 30th 2009, 06:51 PM

hey,

you really don't need to do this. i understand these feelings are not easy and hurt a lot but that doesn't mean that thing won't get better in time. you've given it four years and nothing has happened, doesn't mean you should quit. my life was a living hell for four years and it's just now starting to turn around. it's not perfect but it's getting better. if you keep hanging in there things will turn around for you as well.

what makes you feel that you have to kill yourself? what makes you so depressed that you don't want to live anymore? You need to talk out your problems with somebody, communcation helps. I suggest talking a therapist about this so that they can give you the proper help. Talk with family members, friends, other trusted adults, tell them the pain and let them know what you are planning. I'm sure they want to help and it would surely hurt them beyond words if you kill yourself. Do you really want that?

I know, it's tough, trust me, I know.
But I also know that life can be beautiful and it will if you just give it a chace.
Please, re-think this!

I'm here if you would like to just send me a PM.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

Closed Thread