TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Brittany

almost done it three times. - July 1st 2009, 02:53 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have almost started the process of committing suicide three times today. I just don't really know why I keep stopping, but I also am unsure. I am scared, and confused, and not sure of why this is happening.

I don't know why I am posting this on here. It doesn't really matter.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: almost done it three times. - July 1st 2009, 03:18 AM

hey,

it does matter!
don't kill yourself, i know it seems hard but life is worth it.
why do you feel the urge to commit suicide?

i think that you really need to tell somebody how you are feeling.
call somebody so that they can get you some help.
life is worth it, i promise.
i'm glad you didn't go through with it yet!
keep hanging in there

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: almost done it three times. - July 1st 2009, 03:42 AM

Hey Brittany first off you need to calm yourself down and not do anything rash. Ok can you try doing that for me?

Whats making you want to commit suicide? Maybe if you talk about that it might make you feel better.

You said you've been in the process 3 times but some reason you keep stopping maybe thats a sign that you dont really want to do this that you want to get through this and work it out.

I know life can be really crap sometimes its like you get knocked down and then kicked when your down there. But you can get through this you get back up and hold your head up high and know that your important and loved and that you CAN and WILL get through this. You've got to try and be strong.

Have you talked to anybody about how your feeling? I find talking can really help a person out. And it really helps me out when I can get my words out. If you cant talk about that this moment why dont you just chat with somebody about anything really. Do something to get your mind off of those bad thoughts. That helps me a lot I just text my friend and we strike up a random convo. Will you try that?

Pm me anytime. Im not at my house right now so I can only get on like once a night for a weekish. But if you ever want to talk just message me and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Hang in there Brittany I know you can get through this I beilive in you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: almost done it three times. - July 1st 2009, 03:57 AM

Hey Brittany,

I am so sorry you are feeling so low but please believe that things don't always have to be this bad. Things have a way of turning themself around if you give them time. Sometimes a bad situation has a way of turning out good. Please Brittany hang in there.

Is there anyway you could talk to someone about this? Maybe a family member? I know it might be scary and you might think that they won't understand but I think they would much rather you come to them with this then end up dead or end up doing something rash.

Brittany if you find yourself battling with these thoughts/acts again please call someone; the police or the er because they will help you through this rough time as well.

Brittany, you can get through this just hang on and one day you will look back on this and think 'gosh I am glad I didn't do that.'

If you ever need to talk feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: almost done it three times. - July 1st 2009, 04:08 AM

Hey Brittany,

of course it matters!

It sounds like things are really confusing right now, and I think that it would be good if you had someone to help sort out what's been going on and help figure out how to get things under control. I know that telling someone more about what's been going on can be a really scary thought, but it actually turns out being way less frightening, when you're actually talking to them.

Please don't hurt yourself. So many people (like me!!!) care about you, and you deserve to care about yourself, too.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread