TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

I won't kill myself..... - July 2nd 2009, 09:37 AM

The longer I live, the more I realize what a failure I am. Am I going to end up like my father? Being disgusted with life and wasting his talent? I dislike myself. How could anyone love me? I will be alone when I die, for even those who claim to love me couldn't if they really knew me. If they saw my ugly face.

I don't like being alive, but I promised I would stay a while.

myspace.com/lonesome_fish for poetry. I like feedback sometimes. And I like smiley faces .

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: I won't kill myself..... - July 2nd 2009, 09:44 AM

You are in control of your life so you decide what you do and don't do, so you won't end up like your father. You can see what he has done and you can learn from those mistakes to make sure you don't follow down the same path and your not a failure either. People will love you for you also, you don't need to be someone your not, just be yourself and one day you'll find someone who loves you for you.

Being alive probably sucks now but it'll get better and you'll be happy to be alive. Just put yourself out there, find things that you enjoy doing and make something of it, find people who like you for you and leave behind the ones that don't because they aren't worth your time.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
84y Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I won't kill myself..... - July 2nd 2009, 10:54 AM

every person on this earth deserves to be loved for who they are not for how they look like or any other thing and in my opinion you , just like any one else deserve to be loved and I bet many around you love you but you do not know\feel it. It can be hard sometimes for some people to show their love... I am sure life is hiding good things for you...... who knows may be those amazing poems of yours one day will be a best selling book, you can find what you truely like/want and until then just try enjoying your life and doing sth new......
note: in this time , no one stays ugly for ever, google some beauty tips and I am sure you"ll find that you are very beautiful you just need to take care of your self in a different way .

If ur at the bottom then cheer it only can go better
If you are lonely then smile
You do not need them to stay alive
If they hurt you bad ,been hurt worst and every thing is just pushing u down...
And even though you are strong enough to survive

p.m me.........I quite like it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: I won't kill myself..... - July 2nd 2009, 11:28 AM

Hi Imaginary

You are not a failure. The more you live, the more you get better.

Dont talk like that. I value your life. And your an amazing person. You can control your life....you don have to end up like your father.

Just dont do anything stupid. You know how much I care about you.

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I won't kill myself..... - July 2nd 2009, 08:59 PM

Hey,

You are not a failure. I bet a lot of people would love you even if they knew the 'real' you. People don't usually quit loving people because a new side of that person comes out.

As for what you said about your father; you have the ability to choose your own destiny. You can be whoever you want to be and that means that you don't have to end up like your father even if he is a part of you. I know where you are coming from though, the fear of being like a parent; but, in the end, if you don't want it enough and if you fight it enough it doesn't/won't happen.

Have you considered talking to someone about what is going on and the feelings you are having? I know talking is kind of scary but it can be pretty helpful.

Hang in there and if you need anyone to talk to feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I won't kill myself..... - July 3rd 2009, 05:03 AM

Darn right you promised you'd stay a while, remember?

I'm sorry that things are feeling so ick right now. But hey, you get to decide how you turn out in life. You won't become like your father if you don't want to be. If your worried about wasting your talent - how can you change that? What are some productive things you could channel it into? (Like writing! )

You're not ugly. People aren't ugly. Actions can be ugly, emotions can be ugly - but not people. And physical unattractiveness isn't a reason to not like let alone not love someone anyway. You are truly cared about. I promise. I care about you!!!

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Smile Re: I won't kill myself..... - July 3rd 2009, 08:56 PM

Hey Imaginary;

I don't think you are a failure. I'm sure that plenty of people do love you, but that they don't even realize how blessed they are to have you in their life. I'm sure a lot of people have faith in you, but you also have to have faith in yourself. sometimes the person you never expect, is the one that is staying up all night thinking about you. don't give up hope.

good luck,
and best wishes. (:

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Re: I won't kill myself..... - July 3rd 2009, 10:26 PM

Thanks. But I still hate myself. I don't think I've ever not hated myself.

How does one love themselves? What are the requirements?

myspace.com/lonesome_fish for poetry. I like feedback sometimes. And I like smiley faces .

(#9 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I won't kill myself..... - July 4th 2009, 03:38 AM

Um, I'm not sure there's one set of "requirements," but some suggestions for working on it are finding things that are unique about you, even little stuff (for example, "I look awesome in silver nail polish"), that you can hang on to and build off of - basic stuff like nail polish can build into "I like that I'm a good writer" or "I like that I care about people" or stuff like that.

And be actively good to yourself, not just passively not harmful. Go for that piece of pie, decide to go outside during that sunset, sleep in an extra hour, whatever might count as an extra bit of happiness for you, be good to yourself.

Hope that maybe helps some.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread