TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: LJ

*sigh* - July 7th 2009, 12:53 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My head really hurts, physically and mentally.
I keep banging my head against the wall, so much so that I almost knocked myself out the other day. I've now been one day, one hour free from self harming (cutting)...but i'm finding other ways...
I have these suicide plans, I should have done it last week but someone talked me out of it...but i've replanned it for Sunday. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't think straight, I'm so stressed out...depressed, I can't stop crying...ugh.

I don't know what I'm asking for, or how any of you can help...
I just don't know what's to hold onto anymore...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
abbya Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abby

Re: *sigh* - July 7th 2009, 01:49 AM

Whatever it is. I am here and willing to listen and help in anyway I can and I am will listen forever if that is what it takes.

--
-Abby

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: *sigh* - July 7th 2009, 02:58 AM

Hey LJ,

I'm so sorry about the late reply! I hope you're okay.

You have us to hold on to, LJ. Always. You know you can PM me anytime. I'm sorry things have been tough lately. Anything in particular happen?

And even if we can't be physically there for you, we're always here to lend an ear, and advice. If things start to feel end-of-the-line - remember there's always a way to get through, as long as you get through right then. And please don't hesitate to call an ambulance or get yourself to the hospital if you need to.

Please take care of yourself.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: *sigh* - July 7th 2009, 03:48 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry things are going so badly for you right now. Sometimes it doesn't seem like there is much hope but if you look deep down, there is always hope. there's always a reason to hang on. find something small to live for and hold onto.

suicide might seem like the only option right now but i promise you it's not the only option. somebody cares about you and if you would kill yourself then do you know how they are going to feel. people care, we care, i care.

i know this what you think you want but deep down i think you want to live because you're still here talking with us. you want more than what you've got right now though, right. i understand. you'll get more one day, one day you'll look back and be like "i'm so glad that i am alive and didn't commit suicide when i was such and such age"

hang in there.
pm me if you wanna talk <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: *sigh* - July 10th 2009, 08:38 PM

I tried to kill myself, last night.
I failed.
Why?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: *sigh* - July 11th 2009, 05:02 AM

Hey LJ,

*hugs*

I'm glad you're still here.

I'm sorry that things are so tough right now. As for your question, I don't really know if anyone can give you a definite answer. But I can say be happy that you did. Because we'd really miss you, so many people would miss you, and you'd miss out on so much. And I guess the best answer is to keep living, to find out the why.

Please take care of yourself. PM me anytime.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: *sigh* - July 11th 2009, 05:12 AM

Hey LJ,

I am so sorry you are struggling so much. I wish there was something I could say that would make it all disappear. Please try to hang in there because in the end things will work out for you. I know that at the moment that might seem impossible but it is the truth. Things have a way of working themselves out.

I can't say for certain why you failed but I am glad that you did and maybe it means that you should be here still? I hope that makes sense. Please try to get some type of help for this. I know it may be hard but in the end it can help you. Maybe go talk to a counselor or something?

Please hang in there and if you need someone to talk to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: *sigh* - July 11th 2009, 08:44 PM

Hey there, I'm sorry things are so bad for you i really am, but if you EVER need to talk PM me, I'll try and help you the very best i can. It really does get better I promise, and we're all here for you.
I'll be here for you every step of the way if you want to PM me.
Be strong, you are strong. It's worth it I swear.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: *sigh* - July 11th 2009, 09:03 PM

Hiya LJ,

I'm sorry that things are so bad, that you have had to resort to suicide. I think you failed because you weren't supposed to die now. I hope that this has taught you something.

There are people in the world LJ that truly care about you and I'm certain they wouldn't want to see you hurt yourself, or end your life. I care about you. I don't want to see anything bad happen to you.

I would suggest some therapy, or maybe you should talk to someone about how you are feeling. Talking usually helps deter negative emotions. I'm sure there is something or someone out there for you.

Please stay strong, I want to be able to read more of your posts in the future. Take time for yourself, and hold your head high. I want you to live. Take care please.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: *sigh* - July 12th 2009, 09:36 PM

*sigh*
I don't know. Do I deserve to live?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Fire behind her eyes
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelsey

Re: *sigh* - July 12th 2009, 10:04 PM

You do deserve to live. You are so strong! Just keep fighting, I know it's hard

we've escaped our capture

Laugh loudly, sing like no one's listening, dance like no one's watching, stay in the moment, get that adrenaline pumpin', deep breaths, be easy on yourself <3 PM me

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: *sigh* - July 12th 2009, 10:12 PM

Hiya LJ,

are you kidding me? of course you deserve to live! You are so strong for even posting this. Obviously you are looking for some sort of help or you wouldn't have posted this.

I think you are special. You deserve to be here, living and breathing. I know life can be hard, but you're getting through it. You're still here, living AND breathing. So I know you can make it another day.

Try to keep a positive mental attitude. If you are feeling really suicidal, try talking to a friend. It will probably be a bit better because it's a bit more personal. Focus on other things in your life. Create a list of goals that you can work on achieving.
For example, being positive in difficult situations or getting an A on an English paper.
Setting realistic goals will help you feel happy about yourself and focus your mind on positive things in your life. We are always here to help you. We want you to stay. I'm sure there are many more people out there that don't want to see you go anyways.

I mean you're smart and talented. You want and need help. "Yesterday I lasted a whole day without harming! Today is my second day, and I plan never to harm again (:" remember writing that? You are so strong and so worth it LJ.

Please don't give up. Take care of yourself and PM me anytime you want to talk.

Last edited by Em...; July 12th 2009 at 10:18 PM.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
JoanneRose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: *sigh* - July 13th 2009, 02:41 AM

Sometimes. you just need to rant, and for someone to be willing to listen. not just because they have to, but because they want to. and look at the amount of people that havent just read through your post but theyve read through and tryed to help in some way. surely that should mean that you deserve to live chick. everyone deserves to live x

(#14 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: *sigh* - July 13th 2009, 06:17 AM

Hey LJ,

of course you deserve to live! Of-course-of-course-of-course-of-course-of-course! (Tired of reading that yet? ) Always and always and always of course!

Hang in there, hun. PM me anytime!

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Re: *sigh* - July 13th 2009, 08:09 PM

Hey hey, LJ

I know it doesn't ever seem like it, but things will get better. It seems like the hurting never stops, and you're stuck in some cyclone of pain, but trust me, it ends. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow. But it ends. You just have to hang on to hope. Take care, and I promise, there is light at the end of the tunel
Toz

Closed Thread