TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anthony1323 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anthony Colin Tall

My whole life flashing before my eyes - July 10th 2009, 06:09 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well...where do I start? Start with something simple like...my dad abandoning me and my mom when I was around 2 months old. Thats quite a stay isn't it? Anyway, that lead to my stepdad. Classic stepdad anguish, I know. But, the jist of it is for about thirteen years he put me through emotional and physical abuse. When I turned 14 it turned completely verbal. I could physically over power him so he started taunting me. With all that crap over the years my mom finally realized it needed to end. So we moved away from him and she divorced. But four years before that, they had a kid. He's my little half-brother and I love him to death, but, he's the only reason my stepdad's still around. Then my dad comes back into my life for a little while. And then he left again. I now live with my aunt who used to help when I needed it but now verbally attacks me every chance she gets. My mom doesn't care. She doesn't care that I'm still in pain over everything that's happened to me. And it's driven me to the thought of suicide. It won't go away. I have the means, but I don't have the will...yet. I don't know what to do.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Anthony1323  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: My whole life flashing before my eyes - July 10th 2009, 06:19 AM

Hey,

Welcome to TH.
I'm sorry that you are having so many problems right now, seems like an awful way to be treated.
Is there any possible way to sit down with your mom and try and tell her exactly how you feel?
I'm sorry that your aunt has been verbally abusing you esp. if she used to be somebody you could rely on. Do you know why she is doing this? maybe try talking to her about it, sometimes people don't even know that they're are hurting our feelings, so they just keep on saying hurtful things!

Don't commit suicide. I know things are right now but it's not worth taking your life over. You won't have to deal with your family forever, your 16 meaning you can legally move out in about two years and start your own life away from all the hardships you've had to face!

Is there anybody that you can talk too, a good friend or a trusted adult? If there is, I think that talking to them about your problems would be a good idea; I know talking helps a lot.

Why don't you get rid of the stuff that you could take your life with so that it will be less tempting!
Hang in there, you can always send me a PM if you would like to chat. <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

Closed Thread