TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

my dad... - July 10th 2009, 10:07 PM

so i dont get along with any of my family very well,but out of my two sisters and my parents,i get along best with my dad...usually..

lately my parents,both of them,ignore me and everything i do. they only pay attention to me when they want or need something from me.

i get slapped on the back of my head alot,by my entire family,thats four people slapping the back of my head about id say like 10 times per half hour(10 times each btw),i end up getting a headache,a reeeeeally bad headache usually. well today my dad went to go slap the back of my head(they say its "jokingly",but it isnt..its kind of abusive..) heres what happened:
dad walks up to me and slaps my head
me:"what the fuck did i do now?!"
dad: (slaps me again for cussing)"dont cuss!"
me:"knock it off,i have a headache.."
dad: (slaps me yet again)"so go pop some tylenol!"
me: (gives dad a really sad look and gets up and walks away)"...whatever.."

the "go pop some tylenol" thing...as you can tell,it got to me..ALOT..i tried to kill myself by ODing on tylenol,and my father knows this. i refuse to take tylenol now(for fear of taking to much..i almost did OD). so him saying "go pop some tylenol",was pretty much like him telling me to go and try killing myself again...

i alreaady have issues that make me think about suicide occasionaly(BUT NOT LATELY!!)..what do you think my father telling me that says?..it says to me that he doesnt care and wouldnt care if i died...

i feel reeeeeeeally down about this..almost like i wanna cry...

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: my dad... - July 10th 2009, 10:21 PM

tell your family that you don't like it when they slap you, be calm and polite, but firm as well. if the slapping continues, or gets worse, then you may need to tell someone (counscler, adult friend, the police) that you are being physically abused.
pm me if you ever want to talk!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: my dad... - July 10th 2009, 10:28 PM

ive told them that i dont like being slapped on the back of my head,they laugh at me and then do it...

then when i complain about how much i get slapped they say "you make it sound like we abuse you(slap on back of head)"....

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: my dad... - July 11th 2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7x13x View Post
so i dont get along with any of my family very well,but out of my two sisters and my parents,i get along best with my dad...usually..

lately my parents,both of them,ignore me and everything i do. they only pay attention to me when they want or need something from me.

i get slapped on the back of my head alot,by my entire family,thats four people slapping the back of my head about id say like 10 times per half hour(10 times each btw),i end up getting a headache,a reeeeeally bad headache usually. well today my dad went to go slap the back of my head(they say its "jokingly",but it isnt..its kind of abusive..)
Ten times each? You get slapped 80 times each hour? Maybe you misspoke, but that terrible abuse and could cause brain damage over time. You need to talk to child services...

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: my dad... - July 11th 2009, 03:21 AM

Hey Brooke,

I am sorry this is happening to you; it sounds like a rough situation to be in. It hurts when we think or feel as though our family members do not care about our feelings and it seems really unfair that they are treating you this way; you do not deserve this treatment at all.

I know that you said you have talked to your family about this already but I think you need to keep trying until, hopefully, it gets through to them. Sometimes it takes people (Which sucks) a long time to really understand that what they are doing is hurtful or wrong.

Also, you could try writing a letter or email to your parents explaining everything you feel about their and your sisters behavior. A letter/email might be easier to do and it might allow you to get all your feelings out. I know whenever I have to have a personal conversation with someone I usually end up forgetting half the stuff I meant to say and afterwards I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. If this happens to you a letter/email might be easier because you won't get to angry/sad/frustrated and forget what you want to say.

If you feel like talking to them in person would be better for you, you could still organize what you want to say on a piece of paper and then use that as a note card or something.

I really think that you need to get this straightened out though because no matter what, no one deserves to be slapped.

Please hang in there and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: my dad... - July 11th 2009, 04:15 AM

Hey Brooke,

I'm sorry that your family treats you that way. You shouldn't have to put up with it, especially since you've told them that you're not comfortable with it. Is there anyone you could tell about it who could help talk to your family about it, let them know that their treating you that way isn't cool?

And please don't listen to any negativity from your family. You're an awesome person, and you deserve to keep taking care of yourself and demand that those around you treat you with care, too.

Hang in there. PM me anytime!

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread