TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Unhappy i am done i chose death - July 12th 2009, 04:53 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i'm done. i can't be strong anymore. my family dosen't give a shit about me. sorry

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: i am done i chose death - July 12th 2009, 04:58 PM

Hi Erika,

Please don't do this, life will get better. You probably have a lot going on right now, but things will get better, I can promise you that. Is there anyone you can talk to?

PM me anytime
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Erika

Re: i am done i chose death - July 12th 2009, 05:05 PM

nope i have no one to talk to.

♥GRANDPA'S LITTLE GIRL♥

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i am done i chose death - July 12th 2009, 05:18 PM

Hi Erika,

I'm sorry that you're feeling so upset right now - it's easy to think negative thoughts when you're not feeling at your best.

It's simply untrue that there is no one you can talk to right now, Erika. There is always someone who is willing to listen to you and who wants to help you through this. It's not easy to go through times like this alone so I would recommend that you do try and reach out to someone (I know that it's hard) because it is important that you do have support and help when you need it. You should check out this thread - Who can help me when I'm suicidal? - it gives you many options of who you could talk to. Of course, we're always here for you too.

You have been very strong to come here and ask for help from us - that's something that takes a lot of courage and not everyone can do. I know how hard it is to have to keep fighting and being 'strong' - but it's something that you can get help with. You don't have to do this alone, people can help give you strength or ease the pain.

Suicide isn't the answer to anything. Nothing will get better if you harm yourself - it only guarantees upset for the people who are left behind, and perhaps guilt. It doesn't guarantee that you're going to be any happier or pain will stop. No one knows what happens when we die. It happens naturally some time or another, so why try and end it unnaturally? You have all of your life to try and become happier, to try out new things, meet new people. You have the potential to make things much better for yourself - you can almost guarantee yourself to feel better at one point or another. Suicide is not the answer.

Take care.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: i am done i chose death - July 13th 2009, 12:52 AM

Hey Erika. You probably remember me from last night. I'm sooo happy to hear you made it through the night! You can pull through this time and once you do, you can look back on it. You need to just think of the happy times in your life that you want to live for! I have faith in you!

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
AshlieRose Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashlie

Re: i am done i chose death - July 13th 2009, 03:03 AM

even when you think there's nothing good in life. there's always something that you overlooked. don't give up on life..it's a gift really. and it can get really hard at times to the lowest of points but just know that there are other people feeling just like you and are definitely here to support you and help you move in the right direction. just confide in someone, vent, and figure out ways that may help you focus on better things and it WILL get better.

Closed Thread