TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kvdla Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I feel like a nobody. - July 13th 2009, 05:30 PM

I've just recently turned 18 and for about 4 years now i've been struggling to feel comfortable in my own skin. ive tried various things, looks and fashions, nothing makes me feel like me.
i'm never sure of who I am.
i always feel that everyone around me, is better, prettier, thinner.
i'm really small, 4 ft 9 to be exact and that makes me feel about 12.
i constantly feel like a child and im so unsure of me and who i really am.
i wish that i could feel like myself and be happy for once.
but things that i know would make me happy would hurt or upset those around me.
plus ive been struggling with my weight issues since i was 10.
being so small im obviously not going to be stick thin, i know that would be wrong.
but i feel fat constantly and you'll never see me without a cardigan or jumper on because i feel my arms are massive and red. i'll always wear leggings or tights because i cannot stand the sight of my legs because they're covered in stretch marks and when i look at myself in the mirror i feel sick. everyone around me tells me im gorgeous and i feel like crying when i hear it because i dont feel it and feel that people are lying to make me feel better which is not what i want.
i need some advice, i'm open to anything.
im fed up of covering up the person inside, i just need someone to let her out.

thanks for listening guys.
x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: I feel like a nobody. - July 13th 2009, 05:47 PM

you're not the only one to go through this, everyone goes through a rough period before they get comfortable with their bodies. forinstance , i grew up being too tall, and too fat. i always felt stupid because i had to look down on kids my age, older than me, and quite often, teachers too. i still feel this way. i also hated that i had such a pudgy gut, i always feel fat. but now, i've been excersizing, and my gut has shrank considerably. i'm seeing people taller than me, and knowing that soon my classmates will catch up. i know that every situation is unique, but remember, you are not alone. there's nothing wrong with being small, and with some excersize, you can feel better about your weight. don't go too far and have an eating disorder, but you can become comfortable with your body. PM me anytime.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: I feel like a nobody. - July 13th 2009, 05:50 PM

hey,

it's hard not knowing who you are as a person but there's a lot of people trying to figure that out, some way older than you. so don't feel too bad, just keep trying until you find it and when you find it; trust me you'll know!
it sucks being short, i'm only 5'0 and i feel the exact same way at times, but what are you going to do about it right?
it's something that we have to learn to just accept and move on with!
nothing wrong with being short
hmm, if you feel nervous about your weight you could always talk to somebody like a doctor and get there opinion on it and see if they could recommend something.

i really hope this helped a little bit.
if you ever want to talk, you can PM me! <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

Closed Thread