TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lmh328 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

rock bottom - July 13th 2009, 09:26 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I wanna hit rock bottom before i get help or if i'm here to get help that is..
i wanna cut every inch of my arm and swallow as many pills possible .ive been faking to everyone and myself that ik've been okay..and now I know i'm not .i'm supposed to go to a movie night with friends..but part of me just wants to take all teh prozac i've been saving up and just see what happens..help...please..i know this isn't right

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: rock bottom - July 13th 2009, 09:44 PM

you're right, this isn't right. hurting yourself and potentially killing yourself isn't the answer to anything. first of all, get some help talk to someone you trust, a really close friend, a teacher, parents, adult friend, even just calling a teen hotline can help. next, decide what you're going to do about things to make life better for you. it's not going to be easy, coming back from the dark road you've been on, but once you're happy again, you'll find that it's all worth living. so cutting yourself, and taking pills, and mutilating your body will only make things worse. try to make things better, okay?
PM me anytime!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: rock bottom - July 14th 2009, 12:09 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with so much but I am so glad you are reaching out for help. You are right that this is not right; people should not want to hurt themselves but that does not mean there is anything wrong with you, okay?

The best thing you can do about all of this is talk to someone; let them know that you are struggling immensly and you need some help. Do you think you can do that? Your parents might be a great place to start.

Are you seeing a professional? If so what about talking to them and telling them everything you just told us? I know how scary that might be but they will see to it that you get the help you need and that you start feeling happier.

You can do this okay.

Please hang in there and if you ever want to talk feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: rock bottom - July 15th 2009, 11:29 PM

Hey hugs
I have been there where I just wanted to get it over with...but this is seriously not the good way to go. Life, yes it is hard and it really hurts to live at times, but it is a gift to us and it is really worth it to live. Think about your friends, what would happen if you swallowed those pills and cut your arm? Would that cause them to become depressed as well?
Try to vent by journaling. Talk to one of your friends if you can, ask them for help face to face even if it is just watching tv at someone's house or talking on the phone.
Stay Safe
PM anytime

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#5 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: rock bottom - July 16th 2009, 02:05 AM

calm down.
you do NOT have to hit rock bottom before you can seek help.
it's perfectly okay to seek help anytime that you feel like you need it.
so don't think that just because you haven't reached the bottom that you can't be reach out!

don't act on these suicidal feelings, i understand that it's hard sometimes but taking those pills won't be worth it and you'll regret it later on. plus, cutting isn't helpful either, it'll just make everything that much worse. why don't you through out everything that triggers you so that you can stay safe.

how about calling up a friend or family member and telling them that you're really have a rough time and need to talk to somebody before you do something that you don't really want to do. counselling, try that...it can be very helpful and they can help you with the suicidal feelings that you are dealing with at the moment.

don't be afraid to reach out for help!
that's what people are there for!
hang in there.
pm me anytime <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: rock bottom - July 16th 2009, 03:43 AM

have you tried talking to your family about how your feeling? i am sure everyone around you would want to support you through this tough time . the urge to cut can be hard to beat down but have faith that you will get through this and come out the other end stronger.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
Closed Thread