TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

I just can't.. - July 14th 2009, 09:33 PM

Really I can't.

Everyone is telling me I'll move on, I'll get over it and I've said all this before and I did but it doesn't change how I feel now and I don't want to move on and get over it because even though I know it's really stupid, I'm still hoping for things to turn around despite what I know or hear, it doesn't change that. I can't bring myself to give up, I can't bring myself to move on and I just don't want to experience this anymore. It was hard enough the first time and it's only gotten worse and it hasn't stopped. The feeling keeps growing the more I realise what I've done and I can't handle it anymore. I'm not strong enough to deal with this and I'm just getting weaker. I just want to take the easy option and leave.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: I just can't.. - July 14th 2009, 09:35 PM

Whoever it is your on about, if they're that special to you, you'll wait for them. You'd be a fool not too, I tell you that for a fact.
  Send a message via MSN to Emzy Send a message via Skype™ to Emzy 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I just can't.. - July 14th 2009, 09:41 PM

But what if I feel that I'd be waiting for nothing because it just feels as nothing is going to happen and I'm just fooling myself into thinking things are going to get better. I don't want to get hurt anymore because it just makes me feel even worse and I can't handle that.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I just can't.. - July 14th 2009, 09:44 PM

Maybe you pushed it too far this time, maybe you were warned at the start of it all but didn't listen. You should ask yourself "what if i didn't do this" or "what if i didnt say that to them", i'm sure they're hurting even more than you are, infact i know they are.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: I just can't.. - July 14th 2009, 09:46 PM

It seems like this person means a lot to you. So my advice would be to just hang on. I know sometimes it's hard, with everything you hear, and see, it's almost like the world is turning against you. But you've been strong for this long, and I hope that you remain staying strong. As hard as it may be, take your mind off of it. Go relax and have fun as much as possible. I know it will be hard. But you can do it.

You may seem like you are waiting for nothing, but I promise that something good will come out of every bad thing. You may not see the good now, but it's there. You just have to wait awhile.

Good Luck(:

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I just can't.. - July 14th 2009, 09:47 PM

And now I feel a thousand times better. I'm asking myself those questions over and over again but I realise that doing that isn't going to make things better and that trying to make things better will but I know I won't be able to do that, no matter what I do but it doesn't stop me holding on and trying. I know you know it's about you and I know your trying to tell me things without directly pointing it all out but I'd rather it wasn't here because it's not helping me and I know you feel worse but I've tried so don't, please.

@Kayla, thanks for the reply. I am trying to hold on but it's getting harder and the worse things get, the weaker I feel so it just starts to seem impossible and like giving up is the best option. I'm sure your right, even if it's not what I want I'm sure something good will one day come my way. Thanks again.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I just can't.. - July 14th 2009, 09:51 PM

I have nothing left to say about this situation you are in with whoever it is, it's time to learn from mistakes. xo
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: I just can't.. - July 14th 2009, 09:54 PM

I have and I am learning from my mistakes and I'm trying to show them that but they just don't seem to want to listen and I'm trying all I can to make things right again because I know it isn't just me that feels this way, it's partly the reason I do but it just seems like nothing will ever be good enough which is bringing me down even more.

But I guess as long as they know how I feel and that I've tried, there's not a lot I can do other then leave them to figure out whatever they want to do with that. If nothing will ever come of it then fine, I'll have to learn to accept that and move on but until then, I don't want to give up and it's making me feel like this because part of me is expecting to have to give up on it and I don't want to do that, I know I said I will but I don't want to. I'd rather give up completely then give up on this.

Closed Thread