TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
<:3 )~ Offline
squeak
Average Joe

Name: olivia

Depression..blah. - July 15th 2009, 07:31 AM

Hey, well. This isn't about suicide, it's just about depression.
I am currently taking anti-depressants and they were working wonderfully but...as of now (recently - within the last two or three weeks) I have been feeling more low than usual.
Isn't it true that depression comes in cycles? I can sense me not getting out as much, wanting to sleep more, getting less exercise, and generally losing interest in things as I did before I was treated one by one.
How can I get through this rough patch? Any tips...?

Live and let live.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Depression..blah. - July 15th 2009, 07:41 AM

Hey :] I'd say it's definitely true that depression comes in cycles, and it's normal to have ups and downs. I was told when I was seeing a therapist that it's important to keep active. When you're feeling depressed, though it may be hard, try your best to get out and do something. Go somewhere with a friend, or simply take a walk to get some exercise. Keeping active, even if you don't always feel up to it, can really help.

Writing down how you feel from day to day might help to, simply so you have your feelings written down, which sometimes makes them easier to deal with or simply just to vent. You might also want to experiment a little, see what makes you feel happier when you're feeling depressed, there may be a lot of things that do in fact work for you.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AltimaGurl2004 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depression..blah. - July 15th 2009, 07:48 PM

I went through some depression and its true it comes in cycles. I found out what works best for me at least was to go and excercise and be active. I excercised by myself and it really helped me out. Then I slowly started hanging out with some friends more and more and felt better. Do things even if its hard.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Depression..blah. - July 16th 2009, 02:29 AM

Hey Olivia,

Rough patches, though never fun, can happen from time to time. Even when we're placed on anti-depressants. I think a good thing about your situation is you're catching this early, while you're still on top of these bad feelings. You're still not at the worst part yet, meaning you have time to gain back these interests and find an upside to things. It's always good to know when you're on the decline so you can react faster and prolong anymore falling.

Being positive and pushing yourself to continue being involved, like said earlier, is a big key to keeping in a good situation with your depression. Remember, you don't need to give into the feelings of losing interest. It just makes doing these things a challenge, but you can overcome this. Also, keep people updated on how you're feeling on a daily basis. You don't need to announce it to the world, but maybe tell a few close friends so they can be with you as a shoulder to lean on? Try to vent as much as possible and let how you feel out. Keeping things inside will make it harder to overcome. :] This isn't impossible and you can do this, don't doubt yourself. If you find that this isn't just a rough patch and you're constantly depressed and constantly feeling worse, I would certainly bring this up with your doctor because then he might need to work with the medication. :]

Either way, take care of yourself and remember that you're not alone here. We're all behind you and hope for the best.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: Depression..blah. - July 16th 2009, 03:03 AM

depression does come in waves or cycles some days you will feel on top of the world and then other days you wont, when your feeling low do something that you know makes you happy or relaxes you like watching a movie or reading a book, try going for a walk sometimes the fresh air is good. keeping a diary helps it can help identfiy when you feel low and for how long also it could help in trying to work out if something triggers your low. i hope this helps. pm me if you need anything
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Mikey09 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: Depression..blah. - July 19th 2009, 12:10 AM

Watching new movies, listening to favorite songs. and mainly getting out into the world. You never know whats going to happen tomorrow. everything happens for a reason and the things we do . I wish i knew a way to be 100% happy but i dont. I think its just life. we gotto give it out best shot! we only live once.
  Send a message via MSN to Mikey09  
Closed Thread