TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

i've become so numb. - July 15th 2009, 06:27 PM

i feel numb right now and i honestly don't understand why.
i have everything going for me; it's my senior year, i have great friends, i'm active in school/church, i have an amazing boyfriend, i have people i can talk to and i have people that care about me and love me.

but,
it's been hard since last night.
there's something wrong with me and i don't know what it is.
i may know why.
but i've talked and talked about it and it's not going to change anytime soon.

i'm trying to be strong, i really am.
and i have a lot too look forward too but i'm still; it hurts.
and i hate telling people that i'm hurting again.
i was doing better; i was.
]=

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: i've become so numb. - July 15th 2009, 07:43 PM

Hi Cassie.

i feel numb right now and i honestly don't understand why.

i have everything going for me; it's my senior year, i have great friends, i'm active in school/church, i have an amazing boyfriend, i have people i can talk to and i have people that care about me and love me.

Feeling numb does not have to be a result of an action. Or a feeling, you have a stable life....but there is still something missing, like the missing piece of a puzzle. Its not your fault, its noth their fault, its just something that is happeneing to you. Dont be scared of feeling numb, just ride with it

but,
it's been hard since last night.
there's something wrong with me and i don't know what it is.
i may know why.
but i've talked and talked about it and it's not going to change anytime soon.

If there is something wrong with you and you may know why, but you say talking doesnt help, then how about writing it...I mean...really write about it.

i'm trying to be strong, i really am.
and i have a lot too look forward too but i'm still; it hurts.
and i hate telling people that i'm hurting again.
i was doing better; i was.
]=

Ive seen your posts, you are fantastic. I know it hurts, but sometimes you just have to say something other wise you will end up suffering more.
You understand people.....if you could only take your own advice, you would feel so much better.....

If you want to talk. my inbox is open

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: i've become so numb. - July 15th 2009, 08:04 PM

do you suffer from depression? if you do, there are meds that can help you be happy again, and take away the hurt without hurting you. talk to your parents and ask them for help. PM me anytime you need (or want) to talk.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: i've become so numb. - July 15th 2009, 09:36 PM

Hey Cass,

*hugs*

I'm sorry that you're feeling numb, hun. I know that even when we do have a lot of good stuff in our life, emotional plunges can still happen. They suck, but please remember that they do end. It's okay to keep talking about what's bothering you. Would it be helpful to talk to your dad about the stuck/numbness that you're feeling?

Hang in there, hun. PM me anytime

And btw, there's nothing wrong with you. You're awesome

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: i've become so numb. - July 16th 2009, 04:50 AM

feelings are tricky sometimes we dont know why we feel the way we do but remember feelings dont stay with us they come and go. talking things through or even keeping a diary of when you feel numb and what happened right before it could also help you understand why you feel numb have you talked to your parents about it or a friend? pm me if you wanna chat sometimes chatting to a stranger is easier then your friends or family
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i've become so numb. - July 16th 2009, 04:05 PM

Hey there Cassie,

Although I’m sorry to see you struggling right now, the first thing that jumped out to me in your post was all the positive things that you can see and recognise – that is so, so great and you should be proud of yourself for being able to identify those things. Remember those things, keep telling yourself those things. It’s a very important and positive sign that you can recognise that there’s a lot of positive things going on for you right now.

I know that you have said that you hate telling people that you’re hurting, but why is that?
You have also said that you have a lot of people who care about you and love you – now, I’m sure that these people wouldn’t want you to be hurting or suffering in silence and therefore I would encourage you to try and tell one of those people how you are feeling right now. You may not think that talking helps, but you have said that you were doing better. What has made you feel better? If you can identify the things that have helped you then that would be wonderful, you could try out some of those things again.

Feeling numb can be awful, I know. It will pass though, Cassie, as most emotions and feelings do, after a while. Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and sometimes we don’t need a ‘reason’ that we can identify but sometimes we do need to alter those chemicals. Eating a healthy, balanced diet and exercising should help, as can other coping mechanisms, but sometimes some people do benefit from medication to regulate these chemicals. Talking to your doctor about this wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Take care.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
lovenoodles Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i've become so numb. - July 20th 2009, 04:38 AM

hi stranger.
=]
I totally know how you feel, and I see your account name, and that makes me think we prolly have the same kind of problems. (As in ones that have to do with faith and.. that stuff. =/)
I know how you feel!
And there` a bunch of stuff tied up with believing God. I know he can bring me joy, I`ve been there. But it`s MEH lots of the time.

I`m so with you. I`m actually thinking of talking to my parents fer real and get some medical attention. Just some meds.. =/
Problem is we`re American but we live in another country, and I`d want to see a therapist, but I`d want to see them for a long while, not just some little travel to the US for like 2 weeks.

Anyway..
I dunno what my point is. heh.

I sympathize.
Like, I`m smart, I`m okay looking, I could have a blast with life. But I feel like, what`s the POINT?!
=P

Closed Thread