TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
toes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: megan

i'm not perfect. - July 16th 2009, 08:54 AM

and it hurts. every time i see a beautiful person that happens to have a really great personality and are actually intelligent i just get so angry with myself, because i could have been them, and i can't be them. genetics really suck. and i am so sick of people saying things about how beauty is on the inside. beauty is a physical attribute.. that i lack. i know, it's not just me. but i'm just not attractive at all unless i really work for it, and i know my personality just sucks. i'm not smart. i can't get skinny. i'm lazy. i just.. my face is average. i'm an average person. and i wish i was born so much more that that. i complain about how i am, how i look and how i feel all of the time. people just say good things about me to me and i feel better for awhile. but nothing they say will change the way i feel about me. i am really hating me, and it is definitely not helping with anything because i already abuse myself. and i just can't fix anything about me that i want to and i hate living with me.

but it's not just me that thinks i am average. it's everyone. i am always treated as i am average, or less than average, and nothing more. but, then again, i am average /: not one person i know would want me more than anybody or anything else. not even my own family. i am always comparing myself to others, and getting jealous of them, and it makes me even worse of a person than i already am. i just wish i could be satisfied with me. it really sucks.
/emotionalness

i've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar.
i've never made a bet, but we gamble with desire.
i've never lit a match with intent to start a fire.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: i'm not perfect. - July 16th 2009, 10:08 AM

Hey there, I'm sorry your feeling so down and don't like the way you look. But trust me no one is perfect everyone has there faults and issues and you'll find those people you consider beautiful are just as self concious as you are and they have the same problems as you do. Your not an less important than anyone else and to many people your probably more important. Try not to pull yourself down, I'm sure your lovely the way you are and I'm sure your beautiful.
If you say your face is average and things like that you probably just have natural beauty and by the sounds of it I don't know how old you are but your probably alot more mature for your age and people will be intimidated by that, not to make you feel less important but you'll find someone thats at your standard in age.

And about abusing yourself, you don't need to do that you Just want too, you shouldn't feel like you have too, what makes you want to do it?
PM if you need too

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
lacrotix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i'm not perfect. - July 16th 2009, 10:43 PM

I agree completely with the last post. There is nothing wrong with you. Looks aren't everything; people who judge you by looks aren't very pure themselves. You shouldn't try to be with those jerks; they won't be there when you need them with their kind of attitude.

Being average is OK. You don't get hurt as much. Look at people who are "different". Celeberties, billionaries, and politicans get picked at all the time. They don't even like that attention.

Also, people aren't made perfect. If that was so, we would be Gods. But we are not. Also, you shouldn't play God with what you have. Look at what Michael Jackson did with his nose; he tried to perfect it to the point where it actually became worse. Be thankful you have an average body and not a crippled one or a body that can't move.

Hang in there. It is good people like you who must survive and can give back, not take from, society. I believe you can do it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mikey09 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: i'm not perfect. - July 19th 2009, 01:08 AM

In the end all that matters is what you have done Concentrate on things you want in life, your goals. Maybe you need someone to show you how much you have? or maybe it will happen with time. Everythign will be ok

Everyone is strange, everyone does things different, everyone is different. Everyone has there right to be happy.
  Send a message via MSN to Mikey09  
Closed Thread