TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

Can anyone help me??? - July 17th 2009, 02:28 AM

Can anyone help Me?
ive bene depressed for almost 4 years,
i have self injuring issues my boyfriend dumped me 4 weeks ago who was a toatal ass threw the whole thing.
Im so stressed out
I just dont know what to do. the pressures on im going into
6th grade.
im just stressed out right now.
can anyone help me?
All im really asking for is friends to support me
and be there for me.
im sure it would make it a bit better.
My parents fight too.
(breather)
i also have body image issues and i have twitching problems.
and im bi.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AshleyAdele Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashley adele

Re: Can anyone help me??? - July 17th 2009, 02:48 AM

hey my name is adele. i know how you feel. when i was in the sixth grade, i always felt lonely. I felt a lot of depression. If your boyfriend was a total ass, who cares about him, right? He's no longer in your life and your free for someone else. You still have lots of time to find somebody you know you can love. I am stressed a lot. What helps me is i scream as loud as i can in my pillow, or i cry for as long as i can, or i write down how i feel and i rip it into many pieces. Thats what makes me feel better. It helps to think that many other people our age has parents who fight. My cousins parents fought constantly, they all felt miserable. But i love how strong they are and carry on so much courage. I am very proud of them. Also, My sister has body image issues and shes great, she was overweight and i supported her until she lost her weight. I promise i will be there if you need anyone
  Send a message via AIM to AshleyAdele  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Can anyone help me??? - July 17th 2009, 03:51 AM

Hi there,

first off, welcome to TH, hun. I'm really proud of you for posting - thanks for sharing everything that's been going on. I know it can sometimes be sort of intimidating to do that.

About your boyfriend - I'm sorry to here that the break up is rough for you. But since he apparently wasn't a great boyfriend, maybe try looking at this as a chance for you to move on to what's best for you, without having to put up with feeling down because of how he's treating you. You just get the chance to express yourself and be you more freely.

I'm sorry to hear that your parents fight. I understand how stressful that can be, especially going into sixth grade. I was in a similar situation when I was going into sixth grade. Is there someone like a counselor, at school maybe, or a family counselor, you could try talking to? Family counselors in particular can help sort out issues going on between your mom and dad, too. I'm not sure when you're starting school, but talking to your counselor there, to make sure that you have someone to talk to right away as a way to take care of yourself, would maybe be a good idea, and the school counselor should be able to refer you to a family counselor, too, and help set something up for your family. Or talking to your doctor about how you're feeling, the depression and family stress and self-harming and body image issues, can definitely help, too.

And hun, you deserve to take care of yourself, and to find ways to cope besides self-harming. There's a list of alternatives in the SH form (I'll post the link that the end); things like drawing, writing out how your feeling, or even scribbling on yourself with pen can help. It'll take practice, but telling yourself that instead of self-harming to self-care can help relieve things a lot, and you deserve to take care of yourself and not just add more stress to what you already have to put up with.

And of course there's always posting here. You can definitely share what's going on any time you need to vent. Feel free to PM me if you'd ever like to talk.

Hang in there

http://forums.teenhelp.org/f12-self-...ves-self-harm/

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Last edited by dancer; July 17th 2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: added link

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Can anyone help me??? - July 17th 2009, 05:54 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are struggling so and I am glad that you are reaching out for help because that is always helpful.

The thing with your boyfriend is tough but you said he wasn't a great boyfriend and you deserve so much better than that; you deserve an understanding and loving person in your life and the thing is you will find that eventually just keep on believing

Parent's fighting can always be stressful and I am sorry you have to deal with that but is there anyone you could talk to? A friend, teacher or some other trusted adult? Talking might really help you get your feelings out and that will help with the self-harm as well.

Also, do you think you could talk to one of your parents (or both) about the way their fighting affects you? Sometimes parents really don't understand how badly their fighting affect their children so maybe if you told them they would try to minimize it some.

As for the self-harm, have you checked out the alternatives? Those can be really helpful when it comes to fighting off the urges.

Please hang in there and my pm box is always open if you ever want to talk

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: Can anyone help me??? - July 17th 2009, 11:55 AM

Hey there.
Remember we're all here for you and we're your friends and of course you can PM anytime you need too or just want to chat.
But your boyfriend if he was being an arse then just leave and don't worry about that you deserve so much better than that.
Hurting yourself will solve nothing in the long run, and I know your stressed about going into 6th Grade but once your there and you've settled in I'm sure you'll be fine, what is it that your so stressed about?
Why do your parents fight, and what exactly are your body issues?
I'm bisexual too, so I can relate.
PM me if you want like i said, happy to help and be a friend.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Can anyone help me??? - July 17th 2009, 06:56 PM

Hey there (: Im Jesssiiicaaaaaaa!
Welcome to teenhelp!

Im really sorry to hear you are feeling down at the moment, but i am also really glad that you came on this site, and asked for the support. It proves you want to change and that you are strong because it is a big thing. Im sorry to hear you broke up with your boyfriend, and honestly, im not too good at relationships, but right now, i think you need to be on your own to take some 'you time'. It might help a lot. just consontrate on feeling better because thats what we all want :] I know having sucical thoughs and self harm issues are really difficult to cope with, and i can say that from experience, but i am currently living proof that you can get through it. No matter how hard it is, you are strong, and dont stop telling youself that.
I dont know you but i care for you and if anything were to happen to you, i would be upset, and so im sure many other people would be too. You can get through this.We're all here for you to make sure you do so, when you fall down, we will help you get back up again okay. Your not alone.
Feel free to PM me anytime, I'd like to listen :]
Take care love xo

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Can anyone help me??? - July 17th 2009, 07:31 PM

you've just got to hang in there, thing will get better. try making/hanging out with friends, and distracting yourself from feelings of wanting to self harm or depression-caused thoughts. you will always have friends here on TH.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
KittyCat2010 Offline
Live,Love,Laugh
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

Re: Can anyone help me??? - July 17th 2009, 08:08 PM

first off welcome to teen help. I'm ashley
I' sorry your dealing with so much, going into the 6th grade, (aka junior high or middle school whichever its called where you live)
is big, i was scared when i started 6th grade, and i als have had self harm issues, but i've been clean for almost two years,
i also twitch and i am very self concious so i understand to an extent of what your feeling, self harm is a very hard addiction to overcome, but i believe you can overcome it, and your depression, you more then welcome to PM me or even email me at
urblaze2@yahoo.com
i'd be more then happy to talk with you,
all i can say is stay strong, fight the urges to self harm, like others have said distract yourself and surround yourself with those that love and care about you,
let me know if you need anything
if you need someone to listen to you vent, i'm more then happy to be that person,
best of luck to you my dear, and with your premisson of course if you dont mind i'll keep you in my prayers, but if you are not comfortable with me praying for you, then i'll respect your wishes.
your friend, Ashley

Closed Thread