TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

suicidal thoughts... - July 17th 2009, 08:22 AM

i've been having a lot of suicidal thoughts recently... feeling like nobody'd give a damn if i just died... which i know is a load of crap, but it doesn't stop me thinking it... i know i'd never act on these thoughts... but i can't stop them...

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: suicidal thoughts... - July 17th 2009, 11:48 AM

What sort of thoughts are they? and do you know what could be setting them off?

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Re: suicidal thoughts... - July 17th 2009, 02:29 PM

thoughts along the lines of 'nobody gives a damn, why don't i just go and die?' they're triggered by really minor stuff like being ignored for a little while by my friends... they're getting so frequent though. if i had a pound for every time I thought like that, i'd be a millionair by now =S

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: suicidal thoughts... - July 17th 2009, 02:56 PM

Hey Jessy,

Negative thoughts happen to us all. They're a regular occurrence for some people and it's understandable that they're affecting you so much because they can be very powerful thoughts. Often, we have the worst opinions about ourselves when compared to others. Sometimes, we can find that no one even thinks things half as bad as we do, but we're our worst critics. So, the only person you need to convince in this situation is yourself because you control your future, not anyone else.

A big thing to help the suicidal thoughts go away is a positive attitude and trying to get the negative ones to be replaced with the positive outlooks. I know sometimes it sounds silly, but it really can be a difficult but rewarding task. Every time you find yourself triggered, try to remind yourself of something good in your life. Remind yourself that whatever happened isn't permanent but suicide is and it isn't a solution to anything. Try to discourage the negative thoughts and encourage anything positive. If you can, avoid things that are giving you those triggers. Most of all though, remember that you're important to the world and you bring something no one else can. Your friends sometimes need to straighten themselves out too, so don't let them get to you. If you do ever find yourself getting worse or thinking about suicide more and more, call a helpline in your area and I suggest you tell a parent. It might be something the doctor could help you sort out too. Don't ignore it if it's a regular occurrence because it could easily be fixed with medication or therapy. If you need anyone to talk to, let me know. Take care of yourself and remember you're not alone.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: suicidal thoughts... - July 17th 2009, 04:06 PM

Hey Jessy,

I'm sorry that you're feeling so down, hun. But please know that you are cared about. By your friends, even when they apparently go off into lala land for a bit, by your family, by us here You are important, and you do matter. And you all by yourself - what you like to do, what you hope for, where you want to go in your life, the person you want to be - is important, too. When you're feeling down, maybe try reminding yourself of the things that you hope for, what matters to you, and things about you that you like about you and which make you absolutely indispensable to the rest of us

And talking to your doctor about how you've been feeling is probably a good idea, too, if the thoughts seem to keep coming back. Your doctor will probably have some suggestions on how to help address that. Or have you tried talking to a counselor? Sometimes, getting a sort of control over what you're thinking by talking about it can help a lot. Because you do get to have a say in how you're feeling

Hang in there. Feel free to PM me anytime

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: suicidal thoughts... - July 19th 2009, 07:48 PM

Hi there Jessy,

It’s no fun having suicidal thoughts, is it? In fact, it’s really awful and something that can feel almost unbearable at points. They do pass though, there are so many people who are proof of this – there are a lot of people who have felt suicidal and low, but they are still here – it does pass and it is possible to get through this, Jessy.

It’s really good that you do realise that your thoughts are irrational and there are people who do care about you – that is such a good sign, Jessy and you should keep telling yourself that your thoughts are irrational – keep telling yourself that people care about you. If you’re triggered by things around your friends, tell them how it’s making you feel. If you feel left out or ignored then tell them that – that’s a lot more constructive than telling yourself that you should hurt yourself.

You notice that people care about you – why don’t you try and reach out and tell someone how you are feeling right now? It would be a lot more helpful than trying to deal with these thoughts and feelings by yourself. There is no reason for you to tackle these thoughts alone – there are people who can help you – try and talk to a counsellor or a doctor or a relative, if you can. It’s good to get your feelings out by talking to someone. Keeping a diary or a journal may also be helpful to you.

It is hard, but try to think positively about things. If you think a thought such as ‘my friends are ignoring me’ then think ‘there may be a reason- they’re busy’ or ‘I will talk to them and initiate a conversation that I can participate in.’. Thinking this way can really help you, Jessy.

Take care, we’re always here for you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Re: suicidal thoughts... - July 19th 2009, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the replies =) It feels better just having you guys telling me what I guess I already know...

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#8 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: suicidal thoughts... - July 20th 2009, 04:10 AM

Anytime, Jessy Just glad we could help. We're always here whenever you need to be reminded

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread