TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
piqle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dylan

Unhappy Why should I live? - July 18th 2009, 07:43 AM

I'm thinking about suicide.
I rarely get girlfriends, when I do get one, people tell me shes a slut and the relationship last to a max 2 weeks. I'm not good looking. My parents split up, I just started seeing my mom this year.
The only thing I really have is my friends, which aren't that great.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Why should I live? - July 18th 2009, 08:14 AM

Hi there,

first off, welcome to TH. I'm sorry that you've been feeling down. But please know that suicide is never an option; there are always other ways of dealing with things. And posting here for help is really good - because it shows that you're doing something, at least, to hang on.

I know that being in a relationship can seem really important, but for most people it does just take some looking, and not having a girlfriend really isn't a big deal. I know people who never even dated until their twenties and who are now happily married. And all that really matters in a relationship is what you and the girl think about each other; every one else's opinion is for the most part secondary, and they have no right to judge your relationship.

So, what's going on with your friends? And in any case, we're always here to talk to

Self-image issues can be tough. But honestly, more people will say "I like hanging out with so-and-so because they're funny/nice/interesting/some-other-such-characteristic" rather than "...because they have nice hair." Just typically don't hear that. Maybe try picking one thing, even if it's small (for me, it's that I like how I look in silver nail polish ), that you do like about yourself, and try to stay firm in remembering that you like that. Once you're comfortable with that, build from there and move on to other things. And it doesn't necessarily have to be about your physical appearance - it could be something like "I look people in the eye" or "I'm good at math" or something like that.

And I'm really sorry to hear about what's going on between your parents. Is there someone like a counselor you could talk to about all the emotions that must be roiling through you with this? Or to the person that you've been staying with? Things will start to settle, eventually.

But really, please take care of yourself. Talking to a parent or other relative, or your doctor, or calling a helpline (I personally like 1-800-442-HOPE) can all be really helpful, and if you ever do feel like you're going to hurt yourself, please call 911. You deserve to be good to yourself. I know that things can seem horridly overwhelming at times, but things really will be okay, and anyway, the best way out is through.

And we're gonna help getcha through this.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Why should I live? - July 18th 2009, 08:20 AM

Hey, welcome to TH.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way lately, I know that it's easy to often feel being alive is just, well, pointless. But there are so many emotions left in the world for you to feel. You may not have a girlfriend, but that doesn't mean things will stay that way forever. Don't listen to what anyone says about the people that you hang out with. As long as you like being around her, who cares what anyone else has to say about her?

I doubt that you are bad looking. More often than not, when people say they are not good looking, it's not that they aren't good looking, but that they have a lack of confidence. I know it's a challenge, but I'd try your best not to put yourself down like that. Regardless of how you look or how you don't look, you're more than likely a good person. And anyone who is truly worth your time, is going to see that before they ever see what you look like from the outside. I know that sounds pathetic, but it's the truth - anyone who is worth your time is going to see you for the person you are, not the person you look like.

I'm sorry about your parents, I know that must be rough. It's great that you've started to see your mom once again though, which is something you should definitely be thankful for. I'm sure that your parents care about you an awful lot, even if they aren't together any longer.

These problems that you're facing, they're not worth your life. There are so many emotions you can feel in this world, so many positive things that can take place in your life. Don't give them all up for temporary problems you are having a hard time facing. You're strong enough to get through all of this, and you deserve to make it through today, because you never know what's going to happen tomorrow.

I believe that you can get through this, and I really hope that one day soon you find it easy to believe this yourself. I promise you that things will get better for you, if you keep on trying to get through the problems you are facing.

If you need to talk, PM me anytime

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
piqle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dylan

Re: Why should I live? - July 18th 2009, 08:29 AM

Thanks guys, I finally have a place where I can get things off my chest, and people that are nice enough to get me through problems. You'll probably be seeing me here alot.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: Why should I live? - July 18th 2009, 08:34 AM

Anytime

Whenever you want to talk, we're definitely here. Well, we may occasionally be physically away from a computer or whatever, but you get the point

Don't ever hesitate to share what's going on, and remember to keep taking care of yourself.

Hang in there. Feel free to PM me anytime

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Why should I live? - July 18th 2009, 08:58 AM

Hey there,

I am so glad that you feel that you have somewhere you can come and vent and like Dancer said: We are here whenever you need us. And I for one hope that this site is able to help you and am looking forward to getting to know you(although I hope you start feeling better )

As for your post, hang in there because things will look up. It is hard not having a girlfriend but there will be a time when a girl will come along and the relationship will last sometimes you just have to be patient(I know it sucks)

I hope that you know your parents splitting up was not your fault and that is a tough thing for anyone to have to deal with. Have you considered talking to your parents about it and letting them know how you feel about it all? Sometimes parents need a little push in the right direction to understand that we are sad/suffering too.

I am glad that you have your friends but why do you say they aren't that great? Do you think that is something you could talk to them about? Sometimes talking can be really helpful when dealing with all the sad emotions rolling around inside of us.

Please hang in there and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to pm me or use teenhelp's many resources.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread