TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lucky 13 Offline
ILoveYouBaby!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ashleigh

Unhappy getting that feeling again - July 18th 2009, 08:32 AM

hey, i just started working and latly i have become very sad. i have found it very hard 2 go 2 school then work and on thursdays and fridays do dancing after school then work. A few years ago i was told i had very bad depression but recovered after a long period of time. And now that i have no time 2 sit and relax i am getting very stressed and the feeling of sadness keeps coming. I feel sorry for every 1 that hads 2 put up with me cause when i cant do sum thing they offer 2 help but i just have a go at them even if its my boy friend. i need help can any 1 give me sum advice so i can try and fix this??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: getting that feeling again - July 18th 2009, 08:43 AM

Hi Ashleigh,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been going through a rough time, lately. But it's great that you're posting to ask for help - that's amazing to do, and you should be really proud of yourself.

Sometimes, it's when we do have time to slow down and not be as active that low feelings start coming up again. But those around you, they're there to support you, regardless of how your mood may be with them. Talking to your doctor about how you've been feeling again lately should help - he/she will most likely have some ideas on what to do now to freshly approach getting better. Having someone like a counselor to talk to can be really helpful, too. Counselors often are able to offer advice on how to view things differently or what we can do or even what others might be able to do to help jumpstart things getting better.

And finding healthy ways to let out stress are good, too, like by going walking or tightly hugging a pillow or listening to cheerful music or even stomping around a bit. And of course, there's always posting here to get out what's going on.

Hope that maybe helps some. Hang in there

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lacrotix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: getting that feeling again - July 19th 2009, 05:59 AM

I agree with the last post. What you are going through is natural and expected when you are stressed like the way you are. So it's not your fault. Try to control the stress through walks and screaming in the pillow, what the last post suggested, as this takes your mind away from the stress.

As for your schedule, what are your priorities? Me time to relax is very important, otherwise you'll burn out and do bad in everything. Maybe it's time to drop something. I don't suggest dropping your education - you need as much training as you can get to get a job, especially in this economy and when machines are starting to replace a lot of labour and book-keeping jobs. Maybe you should drop the job - if you don't need the money.

I wish you the best. You can do it - because you care.

Closed Thread