TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ATR_rules Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Mood crash - July 20th 2009, 02:06 AM

The day after i attended 2 concerts, i felt so depressed. i was crying earlier today and i felt like doing nothing. summer is almost ending and i still haven figured out what i want to do with my life. im going to be a junior in college and i still haven picked a major yet. i dont really get much exposure to the real world in school cuz i feel like they give opportunities to students with high grades. im afraid im might not graduate on time cuz i have a negative outlook on life and its affecting my academics and my social life.

i always feel the crash every time i had a great day. i dont know why. i really want to see a therapist but i dont want to pay too much money and i dun even know my parents wants to hear my problems. i tried talking to them but they dun listen. i guess this happens when i spent the entire summer alone.

there were so many things i wanted to do this summer like getting a job or having a steady gf but i dun even feel the motivation anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: Mood crash - July 20th 2009, 02:19 AM

im sorry you feel like this.
i know how you feel, i have major mood crashes as well for
no reason, they are a burden.

have you sat your parents down and told them that you have a serious
problem and need them to hear you out?

if you dont want to go to them, your friends or even a close teacher?
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Jessica

Re: Mood crash - July 20th 2009, 02:39 AM

A therapist is honestly worth the money. It's someone who can help you to work trough things, as well as give you insight on why you may be feeling the way you are. As for school. What kinds of things do you like to do in your free time? You mentioned concerts - how about learning more about music?

As for your parents. I would try sitting them down and expaining how you are feeling and that it would help a lot if they were there to atleast hear you out once in a while.

I'm a saint, and I'm a sinner.
I'm a loser, I'm a winner.
I am steady, and unstable.
I am young, but I am able.
Who I am - Jessica Andrews

"From dusk to dawn, everything will go on." - Me

"Be strong and hold your head high, because there are millions just waiting to see it fall." - Me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lovenoodles Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mood crash - July 20th 2009, 02:41 AM

Oh, dude.
Know that I had to make an account to reply to this.
All I can say, is I`m with you, and hopefully that helps some.

I think I know why you feel the crash after a good day. Because you expect it to finally bring you happiness, but at the end, you`re extremely bummed when you figure out it doesn`t help.
I`m feeling where you are, cause I`ll try to focus on some motivation to keep on going and be excited, but then it`ll just disappear, and at the end of the day it makes for a really depressing life.

And both my brothers left for their things (Army, and one will work in another country.) So, I`m alone with my parents.
Things are falling apart.

I get ya, though. hopefully that at least helps you feel better..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Mood crash - July 20th 2009, 02:48 AM

Hey,

I am sorry about your mood crashes they sound very intense and I know how hard they can be to deal with. I am glad you are reaching out and talking about your frustrations etc because that can always help.

College can definitely be a tough time but you can make it through. Why aren't you sure what you want to major in? One way to figure out what a good major for you would be is by taking part in majors that have to do with things that you like: if you like to read and write you could do an English major, if you like math you could do a math major, if you like psychology you could do a psychology major. Try picking a major based on studies that interest you(thats what I did).

Another thing you could do is go and talk to your college counselor and see what they say about a major. They might be able to make a couple suggestions or help you figure it out in another way.

As for being worried about not finishing college on time; you know a lot of people don't finish college in the general four years that it is designed for. There are quite a few people that finish college in four and a half years or longer and there is nothing wrong with that because you need to focus on you and your studies and if taking longer to graduate will help so be it.

As for seeing a therapist since you are in college you should be able to go to the counseling services offered there and see someone. It should be free to because what you paid for tuition should have covered it. The best way to find out more about the psychological services offered at your college is by going to the nurses office and asking them; they should be able to give you more information.

Why don't you want to talk to your parents about any of this? Don't you think it could help? I know it can be difficult to talk to those we care about but sometimes it can be really helpful.

I hope this helped and if you ever need anything feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Mood crash - July 20th 2009, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photographylove217 View Post
That is a horible thing to say! So what is he wants to say dun instead of don't?!?! If you don't like the way thy write, then don't read the post! And if you're not going to try to help then get the hell out of here.
If you see something along these lines that is inappropriate, please report them through the red X at the corner of the post in question, so that our staff can respond and deal with the statement/user accordingly. Replying directly to these kinds of comments usually only makes the people who post them fired up and ready to do battle and make more comments. Thanks!

ATR_Rules: I think you need to consider talking to someone about these feelings you're having and all you're going through. This time in life can be incredibly stressful for people who normally handle high stress situations very well. It's alot of pressure and alot to deal with. Most areas have guidance centers or even peer mentoring where you can talk to those who know what you're going through and may have some suggestions on how to make things better for you. If nothing else, talk to an adult you trust or even a friend, but I recommend you consider talking to a professional if possible. As said above, it really is worth the investment and the guidance office can normally help you with who to get in touch with about finding a therapist and possible expenses.

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

(#7 (permalink)) Old
ATR_rules Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mood crash - July 27th 2009, 03:32 AM

Thanks for all your replies. I have been doing much better now. I went to St. Louis and met with my fellow fraternity brothers from all over the country and i had a blast. i feel less depressed now and more motivated to become successful. i met CEOs, presidents and vice presidents of various companies and i was really glad to learn to get a job easily. i think taking the pilgrimage to the convention was perhaps the best experience of my summer so far.

I am still thinking about doing some therapy when i get back. i hope it goes well.

Closed Thread