TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
franz1 Offline
Out of the box thinker
Junior TeenHelper

Name: brady shaw

Angry life is sh*t - July 20th 2009, 04:47 AM

Let me start of by saying that I have never had thoughts of suicide before but things change.......

ok my life has been nothing but a huge mess just when i think i have it all figured out it takes another worlwind dive into depression..my sisters having a baby premature may i add. im in foster care, I bedwet which prevents me from having a fun time at sleepovers or going to them at all. over protective caseworker(s), people laughing because im blind, etc...

I don't know what to do I have not been able to open up to anyone exept a few people because of my past being almost killed 4 times by step dad...besides the point. I just don't know what to do anymore, I can't sleep hardly at all, im hungry but can't find anything that sounds good.

I am just having a hard time and any help would be really really apriciated..sorry for spelling.

Helen: I'm someone who has chosen to embrace the broad spectrum of our reality.

​“Levity helps keep far more insidious things at bay.”
Dr. Helen Magnus, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“Feeling safe is something we all need.”
Dr. Will Zimmerman, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“We learn more from failure than from success.”
Nikola Tesla, “END OF NIGHTS” PART II
SANCTUARY

“Life without purpose isn’t… life.”
Will Zimmerman, “PAVOR NOCTURNUS”
SANCTUARY
  Send a message via Skype™ to franz1 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
jman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: justin

Re: life is sh*t - July 20th 2009, 04:53 AM

its simple lifes rough but im all about tough love so yes your miserable but nothing will get better unless YOU make it your mission to change it. giving up is never an option just keep hammering away and eventually youll reach happiness. remember it could always be worse i promise

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: life is sh*t - July 20th 2009, 05:02 AM

Hi Brady,

*hugs*

I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time. It's great that you're reaching out for help, though.

I have a cousin who had her baby prematurely; that baby's now a perfectly healthy eight-ish (eep! how old is she now... ) year old. It can be a little nervewracking, but there's a lot of care available for premature babies, so the baby has a really big chance at getting to a healthy place really quickly.

I'm sorry that people laugh at you. They're horridly ignorant, and blind in a way that's way more grievous. I know that it's easier said than done, but please try not to listen to them. When something like that does happen, try to remind yourself of all the positive points there are to you, and why their criticism is just stupid because you're too awesome for it.

Could you try talking to a doctor about your bedwetting (and sleeping issues)? He/she might have some ideas. And I'm sorry that you went through such a horrible experience with your stepdad - do keep talking to the people that you can open up to. And a counselor might be helpful, too.

Hmm... being hungry can sometimes just make things more difficult, so eating something can often help a lot. I'm sorry that you can't find anything... sometimes things lot hot chocolate, if you have any, can help... or maybe for breakfast or something you could ask to go out somewhere...

Anyway, please know that things will get better again. Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: life is sh*t - July 20th 2009, 07:56 PM

Hey Brady,

It's weird how life seems to bring all the problems at once. It makes coping so much more difficult when everything is jumbled together, but it's possible. That's what we need to remember. It's possible to cope and it's possible for everything to turn around and get better. We would never know how good we have things if the bad didn't come to remind us. All these troubles will be valuable lessons when you're older, believe that. We can never figure out life, it's not a pattern that can be predicted. All we can do is roll with the punches and hope for the best. We can live up to our own morals and be the best we can. You can do that to and all hope is not lost.

I'm sorry about your sister, but it's completely possible for that baby to grow up being completely healthy. Don't write the new life off yet. It's still possible for good to come out of this. Support your sister and hope for the best, because the worst hasn't happened yet. Premature babies happen a lot and doctors know how to help and protect them to grow big and strong. As for the bed wetting, I know that's a huge inconveniance, but in time it can also get better. Maybe once coping with these stresses comes a little easier, the bet wetting will get better? Just because you have this problem now, doesn't mean it's a forever problem. Concentrate on having fun during the day for now. Take your mind off of problems running through your mind. Be a kid and have fun. Worrying more then you need to will only increase the pressure on you and make life harder. Those people who judge you for wetting the bed are not your friends, so I suggest staying clear of them when you can. You deserve loyal friends. People who laugh at you for anything are not your friends and there are others in the world who won't react the way these people do.

Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is admit that you simply can't do anything right now. Sometimes, we need to wait problems out and hope for the best. Put your best foot forward and smile because you're alive and things aren't as bad as they could be. Eating and sleeping can become much harder when we over worry ourselves, so I think you should try venting and journaling to get your emotions out. Realize that some of these problems can't be fixed in one day and live your life as best you can until an opportunity to make things better comes by. You might also want to look into speaking with a professional? This way you always have someone you can tell anything to. Most of all remember you're not alone and everyone here is rooting for you. If you need anything or anyone to talk to, don't be shy to PM me. Take care of yourself and stay safe.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

Re: life is sh*t - July 21st 2009, 05:25 AM

Hey Brady,
I know it seems like this can't get better but it can. Things can change for the best, just like it changed for the worst. But we're not gonna let it get worse. We're all here for you and wanna help. I'm sorry if this isn't really advice. As hard as this is, focus on your future with you not feeling suicidal and not your past..

God bless.

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
franz1 Offline
Out of the box thinker
Junior TeenHelper

Name: brady shaw

Re: life is sh*t - July 21st 2009, 06:03 AM

THANK YOU ALL you have been a great help but i still feel horrible but talking helps you know. thank you again.....

Helen: I'm someone who has chosen to embrace the broad spectrum of our reality.

​“Levity helps keep far more insidious things at bay.”
Dr. Helen Magnus, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“Feeling safe is something we all need.”
Dr. Will Zimmerman, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“We learn more from failure than from success.”
Nikola Tesla, “END OF NIGHTS” PART II
SANCTUARY

“Life without purpose isn’t… life.”
Will Zimmerman, “PAVOR NOCTURNUS”
SANCTUARY
  Send a message via Skype™ to franz1 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: life is sh*t - July 21st 2009, 06:32 PM

Hey,

I am glad that the other people's replies helped you, that's great and remember teenhelp will always be here for you. I am also glad that talking helps; keep talking and you really might start noticing a difference.

Hang in there and if you ever want to chat feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread