TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation HELP! how do I... - July 20th 2009, 06:43 AM

i'm 13 will be 14 july 31st and i'll be living with depression for three years of august 15,2009. i've only told a couple really close friends about this witch one lives with it too. but i've disided to finally tell my mother...i think. me and her don't get along at all and i stay at my grandma's house whenever i can. i have and do always hide my feelings and fake my smiles, i had countless suicide thoughts and a few attemps witch is with a gun and pills (seperate times). i have a horride past that NO one should have to live with and witch i'm not willing to fully share. but since i don't talk to anyone about my feelings nor do i even show them; i don't even cry in front of anyone; i do not know how to tell my mother this. shes not a very good mother or example but she did deal with teenage depression and everything. i'm also afraid that when i tell her she'll freak and not let me have any freedom and search my room and bags and i DO have cigs and stuff that she doesn't need to find out about cuz that has saved me from suicide a couple times. BUT HOW DO I TELL HER!? i don't want to change my mind this time, i'm tired of acting i'm happy all the time... PLEASE HELP!:confused:

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: HELP! how do I... - July 20th 2009, 06:54 AM

Hi there,

welcome to TH. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been going through such a rough time, but it's really great that you're reaching out for help. You should be really proud of yourself.

And it's really good that you're going to talk to your mother. I remember how intensely freaked out I was before I talked to mine, and was worried that she'd overreact or that I'd essentially become Rapunzel in a tower or something. But parents can be surprisingly understanding, especially when it comes to things like this. Take a deep breath, and realize that everything will be okay. It might help to write out what you want to say before hand, and have that with you when you talk to her. That way you can even have your mom read that, if your vocal chords decide not to cooperate Having a friend go with you for support might help it not be so intimidating, either. You might also want to talk to your doctor, as well as your mother, and maybe check into having a counselor.

Because it's okay to not be okay. It's okay to cry. It's okay to share what's going on. And it's okay to have support through this. Asking for help is a strength.

And we're always here whenever you'd like to talk.

Hang in there. Feel free to PM me anytime

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: HELP! how do I... - July 20th 2009, 07:03 AM

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: HELP! how do I... - July 20th 2009, 07:07 AM

No problem Anytime!

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: HELP! how do I... - July 20th 2009, 07:22 AM

Hey there,

Welcome to TH! I am so glad you found us!

I am sorry you are struggling so much at the moment but I am so glad you want to get some help.

I think Dancer pretty much covered everything. I think writing down what you want to say would be an excellent idea so that way you won't get flustered etc and forget some of the things you really want to tell your mom.

You mentioned that your mom suffered from depression as well(I think) and that might lead to her being kind of understanding. You know, in times like these parents really do try to help their kids out.

If talking to your mom doesn't work is there anyway you could talk to your grandma about all of this and ask her for help?

A counselor would be a great idea and it might help you to start to be able to express yourself a little more(I know it helped me). Talking to someone can always be hard but in the end it can be helpful.

Please hang in there and I hope that everything works out.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread