TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Swiftx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Depression..meh - July 20th 2009, 09:05 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I hate life! Nothing ever seems to go right, I try and try harder each day and everything always turns out for the worst, no matter what it is. I just dont want to be here anymore!

I just don't know what to do anymore, I dont know how to control this, I feel worse then I've ever been before, I have always been somewhat suicidal, but now it seems so much worse, that's all that is really on my mind anymore, I've never sat down and really thought about it until the other day when I was just done with life, I always seem to talk myself out of suicide, but 5 minutes later, im suicidal again.

I'm scared...and I want to see a therapist or someone to get help, but I really dont want to tell them everything because they might put me in some hospital, and I really dont want that to happen. I try to pick myself up everday but by the end of the day im depressed again, its like a never ending thing. My thoughts are scattered, I cant even seem to think straight anymore, my mind is all over the place. Its horrible!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Depression..meh - July 20th 2009, 09:26 PM

Hey Jack. Listen, I've been there. Last November I tried to kill myself. Upon failing, I told my counselor the next day. I came in and we talked about my options and I went into a mental hospital.

BUT! Let me clear this up. If you are feeling suicidal, you will not be put into a hospital right away. If you have a plan, if you have a date, if you are making a will or suicide note...then yes, you will most likely be put in the hospital. But if you are just having suicidal thoughts, talk to somebody and they will listen to you. They may suggest going in-patient, but you will not have to unless you have a plan, etc.

If you need to talk, send me a PM. I've been where you are before. I can relate and I listen really well. Take care, Jack.

- Mystery

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Don't give up, turn to JESUS!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: suniesha

Re: Depression..meh - July 21st 2009, 05:21 AM

Hey Jack,
I just wanted to say that I'm glad you posted this. Suicidal thoughts are the darn-dest to get rid of. Sometimes when you actually think of them, they really seem like nothing, they seem big when you don't notice them.. It's hard, I know but you can get rid of them.
It's weird, I thought the same way you did when I was suicidal. I thought "if I told someone, I'd be put in the hospital." And it happened, 3 cop cars came, surrounded my house, searched me, told my dad and family but after being drug tested and everything, you get alot of time to think about it all.. And it really helped, and theyre all nice and they all want to help. And the get someone to talk to you but not much.. It was oddly okay, and it showed me that people care, even being put in the hospital really shows you that people care..
PM me anytime to talk.

God bless.

2nd cor. 5:13
GREAT HOPE COMES FROM FAITH IN GOD!!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Depression..meh - July 21st 2009, 07:02 PM

Hey Jack,

I am so sorry you are struggling but I am glad you reached out and posted this. Please hang in there because you can make it through this.

Jack, I know that talking to a therapist can be difficult and scary but please give it a try because in the end the therapist will only do what he/she thinks is best. And, therapists really do not like to hospitalize their patients because all the trust they've built with them can be broken; hospitals are usually a last option considered by a therapist(thats what I have been told). So, please talk to a therapist and get the help that you deserve.

I want you to know that you deserve to live and I am so glad that you are able to talk yourself out of hurting yourself. So please hang in there because this can get better.

If you ever want to talk feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread