TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
toes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: megan

i just wish i had the guts. - July 21st 2009, 07:22 AM

i didn't ask to be here. and guess what? i don't have the power to change a thing. and i just can't take it anymore. everything is just too hard, and life is a bitch and it's only going to get worse. i seriously just want to end my life, and then i think about what i have to live for. it's not much. but it's really something. it's enough to keep me from going any further. and then i remember that will never work out right because life is a bitch. we all die in the end anyway. who gives a shit? those who might just end up dying too. so i should just end it. i'm too much of a chicken to do THAT though.. and it just makes me feel even weaker. why am i alive anyway? i'm alive to just be miserable and die.

i want to just end my life
but i can't do it.
and i need words of encouragement.
so why in the hell am i on a support forum that is going to do just the opposite and talk me out of it?

i've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar.
i've never made a bet, but we gamble with desire.
i've never lit a match with intent to start a fire.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: i just wish i had the guts. - July 21st 2009, 11:05 AM

Your right you are not going to find people on here that will tell you to kill yourself. And you want to know why, because we all care. We dont even personally know you but we still all care about you. Lots of us know how it feels to want to end your life what that pain feels like, I know that I do. So Why dont you talk with us and let us try to help you.

I think of it as not that people dont have the guts to end their life but theres something stopping them from going through with it that they want to be here for one reason or another. You said you have something to live for thats all that matter it dosnt matter how big or small that something is it something. It could be a best friend a parent or even a pet it really dosent matter. If that something is making you want to stay alive then thats amazing.

I can gurantee you that you are not alive to be miresable nobody is. Your meant to be happy and enjoy life to live life to the fullest. Your gust going through a rough spot right now but you can get through it, I know you can.

Pm me anytime.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i just wish i had the guts. - July 21st 2009, 04:30 PM

Hey there, Megan!

Iím glad you were able to bring yourself to come on here and ask for help. I know you canít understand why youíre asking for help, but I think itís because deep down, you really do want to keep living, and you need people to reinforce that thought. The thing is, Megan, nobody on here can stop you from doing anything; we can only help you and promise to be here to support you through this tough time. Youíre still here today because you are strong, and you really do want to keep living- I can see that.

Is there anybody around you that you can talk to, Megan? When youíre going through such a tough time, the support of loved ones can really, really help. The people around you love and care about you, and they want you here- whether they show it or not- so that in itself should make you realize that your life is worth something, itís worth a lot more than you think right now. You were born, therefore you do have a purpose in this world, and you do make a difference by just being here!

If we all killed ourselves because weíre going to die anyway, the human race would die out pretty fast, you know? Thatís why we all have to keep on struggling through our problems, and hope that we will reach a time of happiness. Because when youíre feeling really down, all you have is hope, so you need to hold onto that hope, Megan. The hope that things can and will get better for you! You, and only you, decide your future Megan, you have the power to make it as amazing as you want and deserve it to be.

Just hang in there, you canít see it right now, but you have a purpose in this world. Stay alive if only to find out what that purpose is. If you ever need anything at all, weíre all here for you. Take good care of yourself, Megan.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: i just wish i had the guts. - July 21st 2009, 06:16 PM

Hey,

I am so sorry you are feeling so low but please don't hurt yourself because you are important and you deserve to live. I know that at the moment life might seem too painful to continue living but it will get better.

If you have someone to talk to reach out and talk; talking is a great way to start feeling better. I know that talking can be extremely hard but try to get passed that and open up because you deserve to be happy.

Have you ever considered seeing a professional? I know that it can be hard to talk to someone new but if it can help why not reach out and talk?

You are not alive to be miserable and thats why I think you need to talk to someone about all of this because that miserable feeling you have might go away if you reach out and talk. I know talking to people has helped me so the same can happen for you too.

Please hang in there and if you ever need anything feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread