TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julie

feeling lost in life - July 22nd 2009, 07:47 AM

I hate myself, I'm no good at anything and I don't even know what I want to do with myself. Right now I should be getting out there, meeting new people and doing something useful with myself, yet all I do is sit at home cause I don't want to show my ugly face anywhere. Pathetic hun? I'm just a lazy, self-pitying, good for nothing drain on everyone around me. I just wanted to get that out.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: feeling lost in life - July 22nd 2009, 03:28 PM

Why do you think that of yourself exactly?
thats not at all true.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: feeling lost in life - July 22nd 2009, 06:16 PM

Hey there, Julie. =]

I'm really sorry to read that you think those things about yourself- because I'm absolutely positive they're not true at all! We all have times when we feel really down and just don't feel like doing anything, but the important thing is just to push yourself, even if you really don't feel like it.

Most people, only see their faults. They aren't able to look in the mirror and see the great things about themselves, only the bad. A lot of us only focus on the bad things about ourselves, and forget the good things. And it's never fun to forget the good things.

But, that doesn't mean the good things aren't there anymore. Talk to some friends/family of yours- ask them to tell you what they love about you. You might feel silly about asking, but family will always tell you the truth. And I'm sure there are many, many amazing things about you, Julie.

I know you really don't want to right now, but I think it is important that you make yourself get out and make some new friends, meet other people and get a bit social. It'll be hell at first, true, but just give it some time and things should fall into place. The first step is always the hardest.

Take good care of yourself, Julie. We're here whenever you need us.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julie

Re: feeling lost in life - July 23rd 2009, 02:43 AM

First I need to apologize, I had a bit of a moment yesterday and that caused that outburst. I've calmed down now, thank you both for believing I can be better. I guess right now I just feel very lost and scared about the future. I have no direction and it feels like I'm going to be left behind to no one's fault but my own. I'm horrible at making friends and make little effort to do so cause it always ends the same. I just lack motivation to do everything, even keeping up relationships. I know it's ultimately up to the person themselves to change things and others have pulled themselves out of harder situations. But I'm not strong, I've actually very pathetic and lazy, even if I start working hard I'll eventually just loose that drive and give up anyway. I feel really hopeless right now but if I tell anyone they'll just come to the conclusion that I'm lazy and not worth their time. I certainly would.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
anomie Offline
Not a n00b

Re: feeling lost in life - July 23rd 2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Free_Falling*~ View Post
First I need to apologize, I had a bit of a moment yesterday and that caused that outburst. I've calmed down now, thank you both for believing I can be better. I guess right now I just feel very lost and scared about the future. I have no direction and it feels like I'm going to be left behind to no one's fault but my own. I'm horrible at making friends and make little effort to do so cause it always ends the same. I just lack motivation to do everything, even keeping up relationships. I know it's ultimately up to the person themselves to change things and others have pulled themselves out of harder situations. But I'm not strong, I've actually very pathetic and lazy, even if I start working hard I'll eventually just loose that drive and give up anyway. I feel really hopeless right now but if I tell anyone they'll just come to the conclusion that I'm lazy and not worth their time. I certainly would.
hi julie. i'm sorry you're feeling so lost. it's easy to be lost in this world, especially when you're no longer motivated to walk the beaten path. i feel that way too when i'm depressed, seriously your words could have come out of my mouth, and i don't think it makes us pathetic. stay strong and hang in there.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: feeling lost in life - July 23rd 2009, 10:41 PM

Hey Julie,

I am sorry you are feeling so lost at the moment but I think we all feel this way at times. I was wondering if you have ever considered talking to someone about these feelings? I know it can be hard to open up but in the end it really could help. If you opened up about your feelings of feeling lost you really might come to the realization that you aren't the only one that feels this way and you might be able to find a way to overcome these feelings. Getting support from loved ones in times of confusion/sadness/anger etc can be really helpful and I really wish you would consider it.

Please hang in there and if you ever want to talk please feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread