TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Vynloria Offline
Mad Cyclist
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steven

Not in the best mental frame - July 24th 2009, 10:41 AM

I'm not used to saying exactly what goes on in my head but I feel like I need to talk.

I've being feeling really down for the past week or so. I'm sick of the current relationship that I have with my mum, which pretty much consist of her being a childish adult (pardon the oxymoron) and me yelling at the top of my voice, usually saying "Fuck off, leave me alone" or some other profanity. I don't have a problem hearing the answer "No" to something I want, but if the "No" is based on absolutely no logic at all and is completely unreasonable, I get mad. I've been trying lately when I get mad, to walk away and say "I'll talk to you when I calm down". It worked for a bit, then it stopped working. Or I stopped working. I don't know which one it is. I've never had the want to keep at something. I'm too weak minded.

My girlfriend is wonderful. She puts a smile on my face. If it wasn't for her, I'd be long gone now. She keeps me going strong and tries to help me when I fall down. I love her more than anything, but I'm not good enough for her. I'm just a weak, selfish, competitive basted. I try to out do her at things we both are good at. I wish she'd realise what I am... A pain in the arse.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense but it's how I'm feeling at the moment...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
chaosfactor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mims

Re: Not in the best mental frame - July 24th 2009, 11:08 AM

its completely fine, and don't be sorry for anything if its honest.

im sure your not weak or selfish.

the mere fact hat you think of your girlfriend in such light shows that you think of other people! be happy that she can make you so happy =]

as for your mother, it sounds as though youve had a hard relationship with her for a while?
have you tried talking to her about the illogical way she thinks?

pm me anytime,,
xx.
  Send a message via MSN to chaosfactor  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Vynloria Offline
Mad Cyclist
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Steven

Re: Not in the best mental frame - July 24th 2009, 11:20 AM

^^ Thanks. My relationship with my mother hasn't been the smoothest of sailing. It's been like this for pretty much my whole life (only when I was little, I didn't say anything or yell for fear of being smacked. Not the case now). It's not as bad as it was though. It got so bad at one point last year that I ran away from home for a few days. I thought it was getting better but it keeps sliding into decline. Mum and I have different views on things... She wants me to go into a trade, ie metalwork, woodwork, where as I want to go to uni to do engineering. I can't blame her views, it's the background that her and my father are familiar with. We clash over nearly everything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
chaosfactor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mims

Re: Not in the best mental frame - July 24th 2009, 11:31 AM

same with me and my parents, i can see where your coming from!
the best thing to do, is negociate. i find anyways, settle at half way (or three quaters ;]). try and get it so you both get what you want,,
if you can get her to see where your coming from without raising your voice or getting angry she'll bestow you with a new kind of respect, one that gets you places you want to be ;].

and never let someone get in the way of your dreams! you want to do engineering? do it =]. if it makes you happy then its perfect for you =].
xx.
  Send a message via MSN to chaosfactor  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Christine

Re: Not in the best mental frame - July 24th 2009, 12:58 PM

It sounds like your girlfriend really cares about you and you really care about her.

Try to hang in there.

Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

Last edited by SimplyComplex; July 24th 2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Removed link, please try not to post illegal links on Teen Help, as it is a form of advertising. :] Thank you

Closed Thread