TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Name: Saria

Exclamation No more. - July 26th 2009, 07:52 AM

I can't keep doing this. It is just too much and I keep going through the same feelings and thoughts over and over again. I keep telling myself I am going to talk to someone and get help but then I am always to shy to tell anyone. I just have to give up. Everyone might think that I am making this decision on the spot and without thinking it through but I have been thinking about it for a while now. I have thought through everything and it is the only way out. I have to give up. I am just gonna slit my wrists tonight and give everything up. My mum did it so why shouldn't I? No one cares no one understand and no one wants to listen so I am saying goodbye now.

"Feeling Change - Memories Don't"
"Enjoy the Moment and don't let it end"
"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
"He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble." 2 Corinthians 1:4
PM me anytime
Tumblr
http://1000reasonstosmile.tumblr.com/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 08:20 AM

Come on Saria, you're 13, you have too much of life ahead of you to just give up. Talk to someone, get the help that you want and things will be better. Suicide should never be an option. Tell a friend that you trust entirely, and ask them to push you to get the help you want.

I'm sure people do care, people will understand, and people are listening. Talk to a counselor or a friend, they'll do everything in their power to help you.

You have options other than suicide, Saria, use them.

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 08:25 AM

I have no friends and my family doesn't care about me so there is no point. I don't see why I shouldn't give up. I've tried to hard and I haven't got anywhere so I have to give up.

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."
"He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others in trouble." 2 Corinthians 1:4
PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 08:29 AM

If what your saying is true then go out and make some friends. As for your family, if they don't love you unconditionally then they're no kind of family. Don't let anyone get you down.

Go to a counselor or a trusting adult that you know and confide in them what you're feeling. It's the first step to recovery and you can't let shyness ruin it.

-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

-Grace Hansen

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 08:31 AM

I do have friends they just don't take me serious anymore. They don't understand how I feel at all. I don't have any other adults to talk to apart from my teachers either.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 08:34 AM

Tell your friends that you genuinely need their help and do it in a way that shows them that this is no joke and that you're miserable and need them.

Teachers always make for good assistance. Go to whichever teacher you feel connects with you the most or whoever you just plain like the most and ask for help.

-George Eliot

-Groucho Marx

-Grace Hansen

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 08:36 AM

I always tell myself that I am going to talk to one of me teachers but I always freak out and can't say anything.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#8 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 08:39 AM

Try doing it in a way that makes it so you can't back down. Like after a class go up and call his/her name so that they know that you want something and so that you can't get out of it.

If not, then that's where your friends come in. If you can't bring yourself to go up to the teacher, then have your friends drag you to him/her and explain the situation.

Just remind yourself that unless you get this help, you're only going to remain miserable. Things won't change unless you take action.

-George Eliot

-Groucho Marx

-Grace Hansen

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 09:53 AM

I just don't know if I will be able to do it. I just can't see myself doing it without finding a way out of it.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#10 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: No more. - July 26th 2009, 11:59 PM

Then try doing what I suggested. Get some other people to go through it with you. Have them walk with you to the teacher and tell them not to let you leave, no matter what excuses you give.

I know it's freaky and you must be very nervous but it's something that you have to work through in order to stop being miserable.

-George Eliot

-Groucho Marx

-Grace Hansen

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: No more. - July 27th 2009, 07:51 AM

I was going to get my friends to help today but when I asked them they said that's all I go on about and I need to find some other friends to talk to about it. Now I don't know what to do because I thought they were there for me but they're obviously not.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#12 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: No more. - July 27th 2009, 08:00 AM

Tell them that all they have to do is bring you to a teacher to get help. If nothing else, find the friendliest/nicest/most goody-two-shoes person in your class and ask them to help.

And I'm sorry, noone should have their friends abandon them at a time like this

-George Eliot

-Groucho Marx

-Grace Hansen

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: No more. - July 27th 2009, 08:03 AM

The fact that they abandoned me just makes me see no point in living even more. Everything around me just keeps falling apart and I don't know what to do now. I just want to give up so badly.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: No more. - July 27th 2009, 08:13 AM

Why shouldn't you do it? Because, Saria, there's too much Goddamned beauty in the world to give up. Who do you live for? You live for yourself, and no one else. It may be hard to find reasons right now, but you're thirteen, you have got so much time to find a good reason. And you should never ever give up, because you don't know, it might be the best reason in the world.

Now come on. Even if your life right now sucks, then just think of it as time to screw around and just do whatever you want until your eighteen, because things will get better. I swear, they will get better at some point. Whether they get better on their own because life just improves eventually, or because you decide to get proffessional help right now, that's up to you. But I swear to God, life is too amazing to give up. Right now, you've been put in a spot to fill, and it's hard at our age because we're just stuck trying to figure out what to do when we can't move from that spot so we're just trying to make it more comfortable, but once you get older, you get to choose what spot you're in. The world is filled with all these little pockets of awesome just waiting to be found. Don't be afraid to go find them, because they're there, and there's no reason to give up now.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: No more. - July 27th 2009, 08:16 AM

I just don't think things are ever going to get better for me because no matter how hard I try things won't change and if I don't do something to chnage them they never are going to.

PM me anytime
Tumblr

(#16 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: No more. - July 27th 2009, 08:39 AM

Saria, life is all about changing and fixing problems, and you only get one chance. Don't waste that chance by choosing to give up. Life may seem like it won't get any better, but you're only 13, you have at least 60 years in you to fix things. In 60 years, you can do anything.

In my opinion, growing up from ages 13 to 25 is the toughest part of your life, after that you're in the clear. I know it seems like you're alone and that noone understands you, but you're not the only one that has to tough it out through the rough patches in your life.

-George Eliot

-Groucho Marx

-Grace Hansen

Closed Thread