TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Unhappy i dont even know.... - July 27th 2009, 12:42 AM

im supposed to take a mood stabilizer every night...well guess what,i havent taken it in almost two weeks now....thanks to my fucking parents,all they have to do is pick up the refill,which only costs 11 dollars,but they say they dont have the money for it,yet they went out for lunch today and it cost them about 20/30 dollars....i guess going out to lunch is more important than your daughter feeling semi-stable and not wanting to huurt herself....

im depressed...i havent had my meds in like almost 2 weeks....i wanna hurt myself...but i know i really dont wanna hurt myself....all thats on my mind is my gf and hurting myself....i have this feeling im gonna do something stupid....help...please...

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: i dont even know.... - July 27th 2009, 02:38 AM

Hey Brooke. You can get through this. In fact, you WILL get through this. You've got to keep yourself distracted as best you can until your parents get you a refill. Watch TV, go for a walk, read a book, talk to someone, anything to get you through the night.
If you offer to pay for the refill will your parents get it for you? Can you get a ride there from them, or anyone else?
*hug*

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: i dont even know.... - July 27th 2009, 10:28 PM

they picked it up today...but my parents had like 100 each in their wallets(i looked) the entire weekend....i guess i jus dont matter...

if i would have had the money,i would have picked it up a week ago when i needed it,but i didnt,and they had the money,but instead they chose to make me wait 2 weeks to get my meds....theyre assholes who dont give a shit what i do to myself...they wouldnt care if i relapsed unless i had to go back to the hospital...cuz you know,that costs money,and im not worth theyre money....

now i hav my meds,so ill be good for about a month,then ill need another refill and they wont have money again,i wont doubt it....im sick of being depressed....

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i dont even know.... - July 27th 2009, 10:32 PM

Hey Brooke.

I'm sorry that your parents are being so unfair! You definitely don't deserve to have to wait that long for medication that you really need! But focus on the good; you have it now and you'll be okay for another while. Try not to let the whole thing with your parents get to you so much; it's not worth it. You need to focus on you and getting yourself better. =]

How about making sure that you save up any money you get over the next month? To make sure that if it happens again, you have enough money to go get it yourself so you won't be stuck again!

Take good care of yourself, Brooke.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: i dont even know.... - July 28th 2009, 12:27 AM

Hey Brooke,

I was in a similar situation once and still am on occasion and something I did to ensure that I would have my medicine was talk to my doctor and explain that sometimes I don't have the money to pay for my medicine. If you talk to your doctor he/she might be able to give you free samples(they get those sometimes). The free samples won't make up for the regular prescription but it will give you are few extra pills just in case you can't get your refill on time. Please talk to your doctor, it might help.

I hope this helped and if you need someone to talk to please feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread