TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Question Am I suicidal? - July 29th 2009, 01:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm really confused. I've wanted to kill myself a few times in the past but it never amounted to anything, it went away eventually. But lately I've been getting these headaches and every time I go to get whatever kinda of painkiller for them, I have a sudden and strong urge to overdose on them, sometimes by just one or two and sometimes by more. Does this make me suicidal or is just a random thing?

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Am I suicidal? - July 29th 2009, 04:14 PM

Suicidal: Pertaining tosuicide - the taking of ones own life. As in a suicidal gesture, suicidal thought, or suicidal act.

Source: http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...ticlekey=32773

Just because you might think about suicide, doesn't necessarily mean you are thinking about completing the actions. Sometimes, we think about it without even realizing it. Sometimes, we do have the intentions or thought patterns to act. In my personal opinion, I would think you're falling under the cetegory of being suicidal sometimes. However, I can't judge or say for you because I'm not a doctor. Thinking and feeding the suicide thoughts can be dangerous. It can push you closer to actually inacting actions that promote ending your life. You mentioned already overdosing, sometimes not by much, while other times by much more. This can be dangerous and I really suggest you seek some type of help from someone else. Whether it just be from a friend for now, or a parent or professional - you should talk to someone. The biggest mistake most people make is going on about this silently. Even if you're not thinking on acting on this, you've acted out a want to and you've thought about it in that context. Try to speak to someone and vent why and what makes you suicidal. Maybe do this in a journal of some type. This way you have something to exaplain if you chose to tell someone. If these things are becoming more relevant and strong, then it is a problem and ignoring it any longer can only feed it to grow. Take care of yourself and don't be shy to come out about this to someone. There are people out there that want to help. Remember that, and you're never alone. If you need anything, PM me.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Am I suicidal? - July 30th 2009, 03:08 AM

hey nat.

i dont think you're suicidal really, but you might be going through some kind of depression, and its important to make it go away.. cause i think you shouoldnt be depressed. no one should.

even a sudden urge makes it kinda dangerous.. because actually, you might be going through so much that the thought of escaping it all actually seems pleasant. but the truth is that it'll all be over. just hang on, and remember you can talk to us, in the case of anything and everything.

take care

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread