TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Thumbs down Suicidal Mom; Suicidal Me - July 29th 2009, 06:50 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So Ive been dealing with suicidal thoughts and tendencies for well over a couple months now. It's gotten worse since the guy I loved broke it off with me two week ago today.

Go figure, today, I find out my mom is suicidal as well. Isn't this just fun? Best part is she's enjoying the hell out of making me feel guilty about it. Yay me.

BLAH! I just need some advice or thoughts or anything. It's really stressful. =[ I love my mom. I do. So Im sorry if I seem witchy or anything.

But...halp. >_<

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Liq Offline
Alive and warm
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Suicidal Mom; Suicidal Me - July 29th 2009, 07:08 PM

Umm, have you considered talking about it to a professional?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Suicidal Mom; Suicidal Me - July 29th 2009, 07:15 PM

Hey,

Don't listen to your mother; don't let her make you feel guilty. Its not your fault that she feels that way.

As for your boyfriend, I'm sure you'll find someone else eventually. I know how much it sucks to wait, but really you should take this opportunity to work on understanding and being happy by yourself. If you're lonely, try to get involved with some activities.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: Suicidal Mom; Suicidal Me - July 29th 2009, 10:32 PM

maybe you and your mom could go to a family consulor
or each go to a seperate therapist because both of you need help
and being around eachother could be detramental to eachothers health.
between you thier should be enough love to work things out together.
im sorry she is making you feel guilty but that could be because she herself feels quilty and doesnt know how to deal with it and takes it out on you.

im here for you hun.
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Suicidal Mom; Suicidal Me - July 29th 2009, 11:03 PM

Hey Mystery,

You don't sound bad asking for help about this situation at all. We all have our own problems and none of us know how it feels to be you, so we certainly can't judge. :] You deserve to have people listen and that's what we're all here for. So, don't worry about what you're asking help with.

As for your mom, don't blame yourself. We all like to blame our feelings on something or someone, but sometimes we're just looking for an easy way out. The fact of the matter is, if she is suicidal she needs to take that step to help herself and if she doesn't - she only has herself to blame. Not you. Try to worry about yourself for now and concentrate on helping yourself. Don't take too much blame or anything else on your shoulders. Just because you and your mom are having troubles, doesn't mean you don't love her. The best relationships always have their rough patches. The good thing is you're trying to get over it. That's what counts.

Until things get easier, remind yourself that you have no control over how your mother feels. Try to vent to people or a professional if you have one. Remember you're not alone and PM me if you ever need anything.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

Closed Thread