TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
helloworld25 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: K

Feeling Alone - July 31st 2009, 01:58 AM

For about a week now I have been feeling very depressed, alone and sad.
This is not really how I pictured my life right now.

~ My dad recieved a pay CUT so we have a LOT less money than we did before so my summer has been pretty dull.
~ My mom is in the hospital due to cysts in her 'lady parts'
~ I am $300 short on the apple laptop I want for college
~ I lost some dear friends this past school year due to rumors, miscommucations and mistrust
~ My boyfriend is a whole other story (not the greatest)
~ Im getting nervous about college and how life will change

I just don't know who to be happy again... any/all help is greatly appericated and welcome. Thank you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: Feeling Alone - July 31st 2009, 03:07 AM

hey there it sounds like you are going through an awful lot at the moment!
i'm sorry that your dad got a paycut, i understand how much that sucks because thee same thing happened with my dad but just try and be thankful for the money he does bring in to at least support you and your family.
that sucks that your mom is in the hospital, usually those are cured pretty quickly and she should be okay! just be there and try to keep her spirits up, hospitals can make you feel kind of blahish.
is it possible that you can do some odd jobs around to try and make the $3oo so that you can get the laptop you want? or is there a cheaper one that you could get and be satisified with?
losing friends sucks, i know, i think everybody goes through something like that at one point in their life! it's not fun but it's there loss. make some new friends who like you for you and won't just leave you because of immature things.
what happened with your boyfriend? i don't know what to say seeing i don't know the sit.
changes are always scary but college is supposed to be one of the greatest times. it's pretty scary but i bet you'll enjoy it and have lots of fun once it occurs!

i hope things turn around for you!
things can be hard sometimes but that is part of life but don't worry you will be happy again!
just hang in there, if you wanna talk,pm me!

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Feeling Alone - July 31st 2009, 08:31 PM

Hey. I know what it's like to loose a lot of stuff at once, money, friends, boyfriend issues... Yeah you feel really loney and stuff.
But let me also tell you, that it DOES get better. You'll be going to college soon right? It's important when you get there that you see it as a new opportunity. A new chance to meet new friends and try to forget about all the stuff that's happening now.
You can be 78 years old, and still make new friends, trust me. College is not an experience to make you feel lonely and afraid, but instead a chance to start over with your life, even make a new identity for yourself if you want!
As for your old friends, good riddence. If they didn't give you the chance to explain yourself for whatever happened, then fine. You have a chance now to make BETTER friends.

Also, cysts are usually nothing and while your mom being in the hospital is stressful, I'm sure she'll get out fine. Pay cuts are annoying thats for sure, but possible to deal with. Dont worry

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
Closed Thread