TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Staceyanne Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Thumbs down Meh, - August 1st 2009, 10:13 PM

I don't know anymore. I'm fed up. Nothing really to look forward to, nothing intersts me anymore. Life just feels like a chore, but I'm reluctant to do it. I feel blank and then I feel so alone and depressed. Im not really expecting anyone to even look at this post, let alone reply to it. It's not like anyone really does listen to me, they're just as fed up hearing the same complaint over and over again. I've really given up talking to people about these things now, no one wants to listen to me. Just need to rant really. Dont fancy being here anymore. Just wanna curl up and sleep for a while, a nice long while.

My buddy excitment didnt last as long as I thought it would.
  Send a message via AIM to Staceyanne Send a message via MSN to Staceyanne  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Meh, - August 2nd 2009, 12:40 AM

Yo Stacey.

My MSN is thatssothrifty@hotmail.com - I very rarely get fed of hearing people talk, so feel free to drop me a line whenever you feel like it. I really promise you I will try to listen to my best ability and give you the best feedback that I possibly know how too. [:

Yeah, becoming a buddy is great, but I'm sure you knew as well as I did that the up wouldn't last forever. I feel like with every up, there's also eventually a down, but on the other side, with every down, there's maybe always an up too, right?

What's going on, though, anyway? I hope to hear from you soon. [:

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Meh, - August 2nd 2009, 01:00 AM

Hey Stacey.

I'm sorry that you're feeling so fed up, it's an awful feeling indeed.

I know that you say that life's an awful chore and you're reluctant to do it and that you just want to sleep but honestly, that's really not the answer here. I know that it can take a great amount of effort in order to drag yourself out of bed somedays or to get out the house, but somehow you do need to force yourself up and out.

You need to try and engage yourself into things and become more active and sociable. I know that sounds
1. Easier said than done and 2. Not that easy when you're feeling this way anyway
but honestly, it is worth it. It truly is worth forcing yourself out of bed to see the day. If you've got nothing to look forward to then try and plan something - go to the cinema, the park, I don't know - something that you can look forward to, however simple it may be. If you can't identify something that interests you now, try and find something that does interest you. There's a vast selection of things to do and hobbies to become interested in and opportunities to reach out and grasp.

We're here to listen to you. It doesn't bother me if you want to tell the 'same complaint over and over again' as long as it is helping you, and sometimes (most of the time) it does help to keep going over things. If it helps you then that's okay.

I'm sorry to hear that 'buddy-excitement' hasn't lasted as long as you wanted, but I'm sure you'll be able to get back to enjoying the role on a more constant level as soon as you're feeling better within yourself.

Take care.

Closed Thread