TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 1st 2009, 11:11 PM

I just had to leave my friend at the hospital crying her eyes out because she tried to kill herself and the nurses wouldnt let me stay with her because visiting hours were over. I don't know what to do. I can't deal with any of this anymore. Whenever a friend needs help, I'm there, but if I can't cope they just fuck off. I know that she wouldn't drive for half an hour to come and see me if I was in hospital. I can't just leave her on her own though. I'm so sick of people using me. I'm so worried about her. I don't know what to think. All I want to do is OD on my anti-depressants. I feel so alone and I have no-one to talk to about any of this because they won't listen. I've tried so hard to be their friend and be there for all of them but they just throw it back in my face and I really don't know what to do anymore. Ireally just want to die at the moment. Someone help me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 07:50 AM

hey ella .

i think that you should be RESPECTED for being so nice. and the thing is you are nice and sweet, which is what a lotttt of other people dont have if these people throw it right back at your face.. you've to find some new friends.. because i dont think true friends will even think of throwing it right back at your face knowing how much you appreciate them , and nor they ever will.

and you are NOT alone

i'm not going to leave some really long speech right here because i think that what you really need right now is comfort and care. and i'll do my best to make sure you get that .

because i know that you deserve it.. and nothing feels better than one right now.

remember that we're all always ready to help !

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 08:46 AM

No matter what they do to me, I can't just leave them. I've got so much going on at the moment and I can't deal with their problems on top of mine. I'm such a self obsessed bitch. I just need to get over all of my shit and stop being so selfish. I'm sorry. I should just die

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 09:02 AM

means that you're a better friend than any and trust me.. they might take some time but eventually they will realize that a friend like YOU only comes by once upon a lifetime, and you've to remember that. a lot of people dont have what you have, and you should be proud of it.

no, you shouldnt. everyone has a lot to deal with at some point.. and you're not a self-obsessed person. remember that you're wonderful, and you're special because you're so nice and understanding.

and actually i think that you're really sweet for all the things that you have done. never ever forget that. right now you should just probably do something to get your mind of this(anything from cookies to face show works ) because after you feel better again, you'll realize that the fact that you're nice and helpful (definitely NOT SELFISH ) and having a goood heart is something to be proud and happy about.

and NEVER FORGET thattt.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 09:33 AM

It's too much though =[ this has just sent me over the edge. I can't stop crying. I've cut myself and it won't stop bleeding. I've had to lock my anti-depressants in the car so I don't OD on them. I don't even know why I'm trying to stop myself from commiting suicide. It's inevitable. I don't know whats stopping me. The only thing I want is to die, but I can't do it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 10:13 AM

i understand you're going through a lot. but the most important thing you have to remember is that once you get over this.. everything's going to be all right again.

you got to stay strong. you gotta remember that your friend stil stays in within your heart, still caring.. because those we truly care about.. never leave us.

i know you can get through this! stay strong.. because i know tomorrow's going to be better and good. alright!

do not lose hope... just trust. i know everything's gonna work out.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 04:50 PM

I don't think I can get through this. Everyone comes to me for help when they're depressed and suicidal and need looking after, but there's no-one for me to go to.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 04:52 PM

you can come to me and everyone else. we're all very human, and i assure you, we're all very addicted to chocolate (i'm a chocolate lover so my opinion is biased, sorry )

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 06:52 PM

It's too much. I can't take it anymore. I have everything I need. I'm gonna do it tonight.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 2nd 2009, 06:59 PM

Hey Ella, im sorry you feel like this, really.
You sound like you're being a great friend and probably dont get the recognition you deserve.
Ive been in this situation last year. My best friend at the time OD'd and was in a really terrible state for a long time. I did all i could and put her before myself which meant i lost out on alot. She never returned the favour. She was never there when i needed her but i learnt to move on. If anything it made me stronger (cliche, i know;sorry) It was difficlut to distance myself from her, but now i have its deffo a very good decision i did.
I think you should carefully consider all your options. Don't do anything drastic.
*hugs*

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 3rd 2009, 08:06 AM

I can't care anymore. I can't do it. It's tearing me apart. My anti-depressants aren't working. This is all too much. I feel so trapped. I can't be the responsible one anymore. I took the day off work today. I can't cope anymore. I'm so suicidal. I keep cutting myself. I don't know what to do

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 3rd 2009, 08:35 AM

i understand that you're going through a whole lot now. but the thing is you must not lose hope... sometimes you have to talk to ones dear to you such as your parents.. i bet you once you know there's people who're going to listen, everything will take a course for the better.

i know its a lot, but soon it'll be over.. and after that happiness will resume!

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 3rd 2009, 10:54 PM

My dad never waned me and has made it clear that he wants nothing to do with me. My mum is too busy looking after my little brother to have time to worry about me. I honestly have no-one left. The only ones who stick around are those who want something from me, and once they get it, they leave. People expect too much of me. I can't be who they want me to be.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
she dreams of love.
Outside, huh?

Name: Jessie

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 3rd 2009, 11:31 PM

Hey there Ella.
Im really sorry to hear about your friend trying to commit suicide and im really sorry you are feeling low at the moment. You are going through a lot and it must be hard to see your friend this way when you feel like this yourself.

It's really nice of you to see your friend while she was in hospital and to be there for her. You sound like a really nice person. Its good you are on Anti-Depresents, but if you dont feel they are helping mabye you should try talking to your doctor to see if she/he can put you on another type. Do you have any one you can talk to? Like a counillor or even a friend or teacher? This could be really good for you.

You are still young and have your whole life ahead of you. You can do this and get through it even if you dont feel you can. You do have the strength you just need to find it. We all care for you here, and we want you to be okay. I am always here to listen to you. You are strong, just believe in yourself, have hope.
You can get through this,

i promise,
Feel free to PM me whenever you need to talk
Jess <3

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 3rd 2009, 11:40 PM

okay Ella, what you need to do is take a deep breath and look at your situation. people come to you for help because they know that you're trustworthy. they know that you will always be thereto support them. they may not return the favor, but this definitly proves something.

you think that no one cares, but look at all the people who have responded to this post! they obviously all like you and don't want you to die. what will killing yourself solve? nothing. and the fact that you posted here is proof that you don't want to die either! i know that things may seem tough now, but things always get better, i promise. it may take a while, and it may be a long journey, but you can get over this and be happy again. i care, all these other people care. and you have to remember that you are not alone. someone loves you, and wants you to live. so live Ella, live and be happy and be the person you want to be. not the one everyone else wants you to be. Okay?
PM me any time. and good luck!

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: My friend tried to kill herself :/ - August 4th 2009, 09:37 AM

no matter what happens or how much they want you to be who they want you to be, i have a few words..

you should be YOURSELF because thats what you're truly want to do. and the thing is.. we all want you to be happy.. because everyone deserves happyness.

you DEFINITELY do deserve happiness.. and we're right in this journey together.

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread