TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
chaosfactor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mims

just a question - August 2nd 2009, 09:58 AM

i presume everyones felt the numbness?
where you cant feel a thing, and its so scary but so reassureing at the same time.

just wondering, how do you get out of it?
i know its different for everyone, but how did you do it?
  Send a message via MSN to chaosfactor  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: just a question - August 2nd 2009, 06:02 PM

Hey Mims,

Yes, I`ve felt numb. Truthfully, I don`t know just how feeling numb makes me feel. If that makes any sense. It`s like, at one point you`re kind of alone in your own thoughts and it`s comfortable for a point. But then you start to notice the people passing you by and the things they`re saying have no weight on you anymore - that`s when I finally realize that numb isn`t the way to go. I think that`s where the panic sets in.

Getting out of a numb state is hard for me. To be honest, I don`t know if I`ve ever fully gotten out of my numb state yet. I think I`m just feeling various degrees - but never enough to go back to where I was before this all set in? Sometimes, I can`t get the feeling to shake. I can really only sit back and wait because along with being numb comes my feelings of apathy. So, I have no energy to even attempt to pull myself out. Though, I generally find that emotional music can quickly affect my moods in my numb state. Sometimes it can send me deeper while others, it can allow the process of feeling to begin once again. Most of the time - it takes a big problem with friends or family for me to finally snap out of the trance. It`s not always the best situation to be in, but it`s something drastic that I need to make me see what I`m allowing to happen. Just keep motivated and remember you can give yourself the power.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: just a question - August 2nd 2009, 11:53 PM

im sorry your having this numbed state.
i would just focus on something that make you happy
like drawing, dancing, singing.
something that can bring you back and adleast make you feel happy.

be surrounded my friends supportive family
build something play a game.

anything that would make you feel busy and up beat

(:
good luck!
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: just a question - August 3rd 2009, 05:13 PM

Hi there Mims,

I have felt numb before and I do think that it's such a strange feeling and one of the most confusing and frustrating. It can be scary, I agree.

I honestly couldn't tell you a specific way to get out of this state of numbness because I have not discovered it myself - it is such a hard, difficult state to get out of. I do think that the way to get out of the state completely is just through time. It WILL pass and that is something that you have to keep in your mind. It will pass, or at least alleviate somewhat.

I think that Melissa's suggestions are very good ones. Trying to 'inject feeling' into yourself may be the best idea - whether it is with music, art, writing, reading or watching a film. Try to submerse yourself into something that should conjure up feeling. Try to get out and about - become active in doing things, try and be social. You may find that becoming active (you will feel some sort of exertion, perhaps) will help and if you do something that you can touch or use sensation in your hands with in art may help. I know that these are not really emotional feelings, but they are sensations, which may help you somewhat.

I don't believe that you can really force yourself to feel something, but I do think that you can try and 'push' yourself or make yourself more likely to be able to experience some feelings or emotions, Mims.

Take care.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
paddingtonbear Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: just a question - August 8th 2009, 06:44 PM

Absolutely!
It's emotional constipation - when your heart chakra is healthy your inner love shines through without emotions, you just feel love and peace.
When it's out of order, you can either feel highly emotional (diarrohea) or you can feel indifferent, like you don't care, numb. (constipated)
Something small that can help is having a good cry or a good laugh.
Maybe try reiki, byron katie's the work or read an eckhart tolle book.
Love and light.

Closed Thread