TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
crazykate Offline
The coolest loser xD
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kate

My life is sad :( - August 5th 2009, 10:17 PM

Ever since i can remember ive always been unhappy with my life. lets start off with the basics. my mom is very unloving and never talks to me. she doesnt really have a life outside of work and watching tv. my dad doesnt live with us so i dont see him often. Even when i see him we arent that close and he doesnt talk to me that often. i'm not close with anyone in my familly. My familly is not close and everyone is pretty much really bitchy. i've moved from 3 diffrent schools my whole life so because of all of the above i find it hard to make friends and even be close to someone. I have a few friends but i feel as if im pushing them back. i have a fear that they will get bored of me because im not that much of an interesting person. i just dont know how to make relationships work. Im also kinda shy and people dont tend to noaturally like me. As for other aspects of my life i dont really have any specific hobbies that i enjoy doing except art and reading. i just feel as if everyone else is has lots of things in there lifes and are complete. but i am not. next year im starting high school and id love to make friends and be an interesting person. how do i that? and whats wrong with me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: My life is sad :( - August 5th 2009, 10:28 PM

Hey Kate,

Firstly, welcome to Teenhelp I hope you like it here and are able to get the support you need. If you ever need anything at all then I am always happy to listen so don't hesitate to contact me!

It sounds like you are going through a tough time at the moment. There is nothing wrong with you at all. Having your mum not loving you and hardly talking to you must be really hard to cope with. How come you don't really talk?

Making friends can be difficult. Lots of people have problems making friends and I don't think your friends would get bored of you for not being interesting. One of your hobbies is art, which is definitely an interesting subject. I don't think you are boring at all! Perhaps you just need to be more confident. Is there any other hobbies you would like to take up? Taking up a new hobby could help to increase your confidence, have fun and also make new friends. It might also help you to realise that you are not a boring person so perhaps you could think about it.

Stay strong

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: My life is sad :( - August 6th 2009, 03:35 AM

Hi Kate,

welcome to Teen Help! I definitely second everything that Jen said. I'm sorry that your relationship with your parents isn't that great; that can be hard to deal with sometimes. But thankfully not impossible to deal with If you'd ever like to talk to someone, I'm here as well; feel free to PM me anytime! And sometimes parents really do love us, but just are really horrid at showing it or don't fully realize how distant they're being and so just sort of "malfunction." But you'll definitely find people who care about you here And are there any relatives, like older cousins or aunts or uncles you could talk to? Sometimes having support from other family members who you can tell about what's going on can be helpful.

And you definitely don't sound like a boring person! I do understand the worry about friends getting tired; I tend to worry about that myself. But sometimes it helps to just pause and take a deep breath and remind yourself that even if you're worried about that, it hasn't actually happened yet. Your friends are still perfectly happy being friends with you. And high school does present a lot of opportunities to make new friends, too; don't worry! Joining something like an art club or a book club can also help you meet people who share those hobbies, too.

Hang in there. We'll be thinkin' of ya!

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

Closed Thread