TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oddoneout Offline
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

I do not know - August 7th 2009, 03:56 AM

I have been felling down lately and I have been getting angry really easy in the last week or so. I haven't been able to hang out with my friends all summer so that would be part of it. I remember just last year I would have been perfectly happy not seeing anyone face to face for a couple of months but now I have friends I can't live without them.

also I am just recovering with some girl related frustration from the school year. I met a girl and she was unlike anyone I have ever met and I feel in love with her unfortunately. and I might have had a chance for the first time in my life if she didn't already have a boyfriend, but she did and I had to settle for a friend. I think I have gotten over her but I probably have to see her to know. it is still frustrating I have waited so long to find someone and when I do she is taken. and it definitly didn't help that she was realy flirty and actualy said I was hot.

wanna talk?

AIM: oddoneout667
MSN: dancl667@hotmail.com

with or without religion a good person will do good and an evil one will do evil
  Send a message via AIM to Oddoneout Send a message via MSN to Oddoneout  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I do not know - August 7th 2009, 04:05 AM

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some friend stress lately. What's been keeping you from seeing friends? Is there anyway you could try calling one of them up to ask to hang out or eat dinner or whatever you'd do, sometime? Even if it's to schedule ahead, instead of asking for that day. Or I've found that sometimes writing to people, either through email or snailmail, can help people still keep up contact and not feel so separated.

Relationships are complicated :/ I can definitely see how that was frustrated, but I'd say maybe try to just let yourself move on, and try to let go of the condition of seeing her in order to do that. Even though things haven't worked out from her, there will still be lots of other girls who will be just as amazing and think that you're just as amazing, too. Don't worry

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I do not know - August 7th 2009, 04:15 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time at the moment but please know it will be okay.

It always sucks when we can't hang out with friends but school will be starting soon won't it? If so then just hang in there until you go back to school. I know that it sucks but once you start hanging with your friends again you will probably start feeling a little better.

I too was curious as to why you haven't been hanging out with your friends; transportation issue or something? If you don't have ways to hang out with them is there anyway you could invite them over to your house or plan a visit in advance so that your parents would be pre-warned? Also, dancers idea about writing letters/emails is a great idea and it might work. I know that I keep in contact with some of my friends through email and it really does help me feel better.

I hope this helped and if you need anything don't hesitate to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Oddoneout Offline
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: I do not know - August 7th 2009, 04:25 AM

thanks

and to answer your question I have actualy kept in touch with some of my freinds but whenever I tryed to hang out with them I can't realy think of much to do and I geuss I have a bit of anxiaty about weather or not anyone would actualy want to hang out with me. when someone says something good about me it sounds like a lie

wanna talk?

AIM: oddoneout667
MSN: dancl667@hotmail.com

with or without religion a good person will do good and an evil one will do evil
  Send a message via AIM to Oddoneout Send a message via MSN to Oddoneout  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I do not know - August 7th 2009, 04:29 AM

I understand that worry. Sometimes I run into that problem, too, "well, I want to hang out with y'all, just not precisely sure how..." But a lot of times people are perfectly content doing "nothing" - playing cards, watching TV, eating, walking... Usually the what isn't so much important for people as the who.

And when that "who" is you I'm sure they're thrilled. I know that it can actually be hard to accept that others do accept us, like us, but thankfully it's not a lie.

Hang in there

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I do not know - August 7th 2009, 04:32 AM

Daniel,

I am glad that you have tried to keep in touch with your friends and I understand the feeling of feeling uncomfortable and feeling like there isn't much to do. The best advice I can give is to try and push yourself to hang out with people and try to ignore the feelings that come with hanging out with others. It is a hard thing to do but it can work and in the end you will be so happy.

Something that I have found to work when I feel unsure of myself or whatnot is telling myself that those thoughts are not true and the people I am with like me. It really can work. Do you think you could give it a try? Just push those bad thoughts away and focus on the good?

Also, if people say nice things about you I doubt they are lying( I feel the same way sometimes) try and listen to what they say about you and with time you really might come to realize how true it is.

Please hang in there and if you ever want to talk feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread