TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
unhappy2009 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gabbi

Unhappy depression , sucidal thoughts , school - August 7th 2009, 06:41 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey Sorry about the length of the email , im suffering from depression and i dont no if any one feels the same way as me ? i have thoughts of suicide also think about death i also have bad dreams and voices im my head telling me to hurt my self when i'm feeling low i turn to overdosing on tablets because i can not cope with the feelings i get i use to self harm but it didnt work for me , i do have help such as my parents and school also i go to (camhs ) .

School has been helping me some of the teachers there like my head year , assistand head year , assistant pricipal , child protection officer , school nurses have gave me support such as a reduced time table and time out card to get out of my lessons if i can not cope with it but there is a problem because i had a school meeting before i broke up with my mum and the people helping me what i menched above ,but the school has turned around and told me that they cant cope with me and i'm not safe to be at school because of overdosing and walking around during lessons on my own trying to find some one to go to because how i'm feeling im not even aloud to go to the toilet on my own because how i feel so every time i come out of a lesson loads of teachers get emailed . when i was in year 10 i missed alot of school then i went back to school and i was always out of lessons because i could not cope i was always found in the loo by my head year trying to take tablets but she took them of me then contacted camhs and teachers in the school to say what i had done . but the reason i'm worried about going back to school is because the school are saying 1. they cant cope with me , 2. they havent got the support staff , 3. im a danger to my self because of tablets , 4. they want let me see any one during lesson time because i missed out on lot of education in year 10 but then they say to me i can go to the medical centre but its stupid because they dont understand whats realli going on i always use to talk to my head year and the child protction officer . I dont no what to do because if i feel like i'm going to take a overdose i use to tell my head year so they could help me and try and stop me from doing it but if there not allowing me out of lessons what am i suppose to do if i have thoughts about taking pills because there has been loads of time its got to much and iv walked out of lessons then slt has been called becuase i have walked out . I'm really scard because if this happens during lesson time i dont have any one to tell please if you have any advice it will be very very much apprechated.
Thank you
xxx

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: depression , sucidal thoughts , school - August 7th 2009, 11:15 PM

Hey there,

First I wanted to welcome you to this site and I hope that we are able to give you the support you need.

I am also so very sorry that you are feeling this way but I want you to know that things can get better you just have to give it time. I am so glad that you have such a big support system but I am sorry that your school has become a little more wary of the situation.

The first thing I think you should do is continue talking to the people from CAMHS; talking always helps and maybe if you explained your fears to them they could figure something out. Another thing I was wondering is if you could still try and talk to those two people that have helped you (head year and child protection officer) I know it might not be the same as before but it might help to still feel like they are there to support you.

Have you talked to your mom about all of this? Explained how it has made you feel and what not? Maybe talking to your mom would help because it would give you some more support.

Lastly, is there any way you could figure something else out with your school? Maybe you could explain your concerns to them and see what they have to say? Maybe they will have some special program you could join? I don't know for sure how it works where you live but when I was in school and struggling they had day treatment programs as well as home schooling or home hospital (basically school at home) maybe you and the school could try to work something like that out...if it is in your best interest.

Please hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread