TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
$Kelly2DaB$ Offline
awesome =]
Not a n00b

Name: Kelly

even the besties cant get in my head - August 9th 2009, 05:12 AM

fuck this shit. i havent been myself lately and i dont really know whats wrong wtih me anymore. i feel like i get angered really easily, and my moods changed within a blink of an eye. i feel like im stuck in slow motion but the world is moving too fast. lately, ive been sinking back into my past. to the times where i was depressed. i dont want to fall back into my old ways, but i feel like im drowing. i cant talk to one of my best friends cuz she has a lot to deal with. ontop of her personal life, she is goin to college in one month. im not gonna be selfish. so im just biting my tongue and letting life continue on. one of my other good friends is younger than me and is on a different page then me. im just in a rough spot, but things have been moving to fast around me, but im a few steps behind.

i wish i had answers =/

Kelly!
  Send a message via AIM to $Kelly2DaB$  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
esfdhtfy Offline
Dream Big
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Joseph S.

Re: even the besties cant get in my head - August 9th 2009, 05:51 AM

Hi Kelly,

I'm sorry that you're currently feeling the way that you are. I know things can become really overwhelming sometimes and it is during these times that we just need to breathe and take a step back. Things will work out but you really need to stop stressing, just take a deep breath and calm down a bit. I know you're beginning to stress out but honestly, stressing out really only makes matters a lot worse.

It seems like you really value your friendship with that friend you mentioned. I know that she has a lot on her plate right now, as do us all, but I really don't think she'd mind helping you out. I think she'd be more than willing to help you out, even though she is going through a lot right now too - especially with college in a month and everything. Even with all of this, however, I'm sure she's not busy to help you. Have you considered talking to her about it?

If you really don't want to bother your friend, there are other people that you can reach out to. When you're in this kind of situation, it's best that you try to reach out to people; you don't want to be dealing with this on your own, it's not fun. You can talk to your parents, a sibling, a relative, a friend, a friend's parent, a teacher, a guidance counselor, a therapist, etc. Basically, you can talk to anybody that you feel comfortable talking to - and someone that you trust! It's so important.

Try doing something that you like to do. Perhaps you could join a sport or a club in your local area? Get out of the house and do something. Socialize with people and get involved! When I am feeling down, I get out and I do something. Music helps me as well. Get out there and enjoy yourself. Go ahead and get involved - it's a great way to meet new people, usually those who even share your interests! How great is that?

All in all, do what you feel is best for you. I know things seem pretty shady for you right now but know that things will get better. Give it time and put in your best effort. Reach out to those around you because believe me, Kelly, there are many people that love and care about you and would be more than willing to lend you a helping hand.

Good luck with everything and remember, smile.

SUP BRO.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: even the besties cant get in my head - August 9th 2009, 06:04 AM

Hey Kelly,

It's hard when you feel like you are going back into a down cycle after working hard to bring yourself back up.

Since you are looking to talk to someone; I really think counseling would be a good idea. Counselors are very experienced with mental health problems. They'll be there to help listen to you as well as possibly give you coping mechanisms as to how to combat any sudden urges of depression that come about, or ways to help in the long-term. They can also be there to set goals from your current moods to where you want to be in life. Perhaps antidepressants can also be used to help with any chemical mood swings or depressive feelings.

Take the time that you need to sort things out for yourself. Give yourself some relaxation. Perhaps you can spend some quality time with these friends to give yourselves a good way to get away from the problems that you guys are facing. You'll bring each other good times and support.

Keep looking, and you will find the answers soon enough. :]

Closed Thread