TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Niki

Exclamation Depression i need help? - August 10th 2009, 06:59 PM

okay i dont really know how to start here all i know is that i want and need help.
i feel i have bipolar disorder and past friends said its how i act also
ive just recently found out that all the people i thought were my friends lie and bitch about me behind my back and never have actually liked me but when i confront them they say who told you i said that and oh there saying that because of this or that
i dont know who to believe anymore and its not the first time this has happened ive lived my life in it and it doesnt get any better only worse

i want to know also how to go about telling my doctor that i think i have bipolar or even depression as i cant just make an appointment walk in and say i have depression!

HELP!?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kat

Re: Depression i need help? - August 10th 2009, 07:09 PM

Hey.
I know it feels like the whole world is crashing down on you, but don't worry.

You can pull your self up. You seem like you're coming to the thing in your life when you figure out who's your friend, and who is really just a bull excuse for a friend.

On the doctor thing, I think it's a good idea to just make an appointment, go in, and them them "Hey, I think I have depression, here is what I've been feeling for how long," and so forth.
As for the 'friends', for get the ones that were nasty to you behind your back.
And as sad as it is to leave them, they're not worth your time if they're going to pull crap like that.

The real friends will be the ones that are going to be beside you, even when you're going through a rough spot in your life =)

And all I need
is just to hear
a song
I know.:]
[/color]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lacrotix Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depression i need help? - August 13th 2009, 08:38 PM

It's unforuate that your friends turned on you. For me, that was the worst feeling you could ever experience. The knives comes out of nowhere and stabs you all over and it gets worse from there. Ditch them. You don't need those kind of guys dragging you down. From experience, I find that if you stay with bullies, they use that to their advantage. You always become the conversation, in a bad way, and have no way out. That's why I think you should lose them. If you don't find new friends, remember, it's better than being with those jerks. There's always us over here at TeenHelp.

As for your depression, it's up to you to see the doctor. I haven't been diagnosed with something like that, but I feel very down often. I find exercising helps limit it. Try jogging, like me, and absorb the surroundings. It will distract you from your truobles and keep you healthy at the same time. As you get healthier, you might feel less of a burden in your life. If your family is good, maybe you should try to talk to them first for their opinion. Maybe there's an old-school way to get rid of your sadness.

If you do see the doctor, remember not to blame yourself for your sadness. It's that bad enviroment with jerks that caused it. To tackle that problem, as I said earlier, try to distract yourself with new friends or jogging.

I wish you the best of luck. It's guys like you who deserve the best of life.

Closed Thread