TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

What is wrong with me? - August 10th 2009, 10:22 PM

The past few days, I've woken up feeling even more tired then I was before I went to sleep and when I do get up and out of bed, I feel physically drained. As if someone has taken every ounce of my energy and I'm just lifeless. I'm also constantly upset or pissed off. I can't bring myself to smile or be happy, instead I'm just constantly upset, on the verge of tears or something and I don't understand why.

I can't stand anyone right now, apart from one person who I need more then every right now and I feel as if I'm losing grip on them when I need them the most. I don't know how to cope with that because I just want to shut everyone out because I'm so tired that concentrating on them is such a struggling, everything goes in but I don't understand it so it just becomes an annoyance and I get frustrated. I just want to be alone and away from all this, I just don't want to be here anymore. I've never felt so alone and I've never felt so low or lost and I don't know what to do or who to turn to and I can't stop crying.

I don't know what's wrong with me or who to turn to, I just need to understand why I feel this why and what I can do to stop it because it's getting too much and I can't do it anymore, I just can't.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: What is wrong with me? - August 10th 2009, 10:38 PM

i know how you feel.
i used to be like this and was very isolated making it worse.
little things bother me and every little thing my friends did or
my parents did severly pissed me off or made me want to cry.

try talking to someone about it, i know everyone mentions therapy but its a good out let, personally i just talked to my friend and just let everything out. all my frustrations everything and it seemed little by little to go away.

shutting everyone out isnt a good idea because the people who do care will be hurt and if you open up a little and im sure they would be happy to help (:

im sorry thats no much
but i hope it helps alittle
good luck (:
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: What is wrong with me? - August 10th 2009, 10:44 PM

It is a help, thank you for replying. I've just never felt this low before and I'm so scared right now because I don't understand it, I don't know what to do because I just feel so alone.

But I will try and talk to someone about it. I'm considering going to talk to my parents because I've got no-one else right now but I don't know why I feel this way so it's hard to talk about it. Thank you for replying once again.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: What is wrong with me? - August 11th 2009, 02:41 AM

Yeah talking to your parents really should help quite a bit. It sounds sort of like Depression, but I can't diagnose you with it. However, your parents can help you get help if you really need it.
If you ever want to talk, you can always PM me. ^^

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: What is wrong with me? - August 11th 2009, 09:51 AM

I talked to my mum a little, told her how I felt and stuff and she just said some stuff I didn't want to hear and walked off so that didn't help much. I woke up this morning feeling a little better but now I'm starting to feel that way again and I really don't want to and on top of that, my parents have work today so I'll be alone for hours which sort of scares me in case I get that bad again.

I don't know what to do because I hate feeling like this and I don't understand why I do. The one person who told me they'd be there isn't and I just feel like no-one else is going to listen to me and I'm alone which is really scaring me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: What is wrong with me? - August 11th 2009, 06:33 PM

what about a friend, or trusted neighbor?
invite friends over and talk to them.
if you know being alone could be harmful to you ask someone to spend time with you.
you friends would want to help you and get you back to your happier self.

if not try and take this into your own hands a see a therapist.
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
yesi16 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: yesi

Re: What is wrong with me? - August 15th 2009, 02:05 AM

hey well i was reading ur blog and i know how u feel its so hard and sumtimes u just feel like giving up but like u said that u dont have any1 to talk to im here if u need a friend i know its wierd cuz u dont know me im yesi im 16 and live in georgia heres mu email lababymaria@yahoo.com
  Send a message via MSN to yesi16 Send a message via Yahoo to yesi16  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: What is wrong with me? - August 15th 2009, 06:53 AM

Hey there,

I am glad you talked to your mom but I am sorry it didn't turn out so well. I was wondering if you could try talking to your dad? I know that might suck but maybe he would be more understanding?

Another option you could consider is talking to a religious leader (like a pastor[if you are religious]), a teacher, a family member, a friend or a another trusted adult. If all else fails maybe you could consider talking to your school psychologist? I know opening up to people about his can be really hard but in the end it really does help to talk about it all.

I wanted to tell that as good an idea as shutting people out may sound it really is not. The people in your life can help you feel better you just have to find the right person so please don't shut them out. It might take a while to find the right person to talk to but when you do you might actually be glad you didn't shut people out.

Please hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread