TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
gummybearbandit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: allene

have you ever.... - August 12th 2009, 12:50 AM

have you ever been so low that even ending your life wouldnt give you an excape from the pain? have you ever sat there with the blade with the bottle with the gun and knew it wouldnt take away these memories this guilt you hold inside. have you ever been so scarred of living? never actually pull the trigger or swallow that capsule becuase you knew the pain you would feel of hurting the one person that loved you would absorb you while you was laying there 6 feet down. have you ever wanted to kill your self slowly by not killing your soul but keeping it alive know that it would hurt much more? have you ever.....

hav u ever wanted 2 die or cry or scream up the sky n ask god y y me y now y u feel so numb inside y ur sinkin deeper ever wanted sum1 2 care hug u with u noin thier there needed sum1 2 tell u a lie so u can belive its true jus 4 a min or show u the beauty in the sky hav u ever ben the 1 2 try

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: have you ever.... - August 12th 2009, 01:21 AM

Hey Allene. I'm sorry you are feelings so down and low. Don't worry though things will get better. Yes I have been about where you are and so have many other teens. In this situation the right thing to do would be to tell some one close to you such as a friend or family member. I know it may seem like suicide is the only way out, but it's not. Just as you said, it would hurt the people that love you too much. The right way is to get help from a doctor or a counselor. It may but a hard first step but I know you can do it. Reach out to someone. Good luck and PM me if you need anything at all.
~Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: have you ever.... - August 12th 2009, 01:29 AM

Hey there,

I am so sorry you are feeling so low at the moment but please hang in there because things can get better. I know it doesn't always seem like it but in the end these bad feelings have a way of turning good.

I was wondering if you have anyone you could talk to about all of this? I know talking can be difficult but in the end it can be really helpful. Talking allows people to get their negative feelings out instead of bottling them up and bottled up feelings are never good. Do you think you could find someone to talk to?

Talking to a counselor would be really helpful; it always feels good to talk to someone on a more regular basis and counselors have a lot of good tools to help people cope with stressful situations.

I was wondering if you know what is making you feel this way? Sometimes it helps to talk about the reasons behind these feelings; do you think you could give it a try?

The last thing I wanted to suggest was that you try journaling. I know that might not sound like the greatest thing ever but it really can help. Journaling gives you a place to vent your feelings and in venting you are not keeping all the negative feelings locked up inside.

Please hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread