TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flixxs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't feel so happy - September 27th 2009, 05:01 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Idk if it is triggering but I labeled it just in case..

I have slid very far down into sadness again. I thought maybe I would get over it eventually but apparently it still is not going to go away..

I feel depressed, unwanted, ashamed, liar, worthless, unloveable, ugly, can't do anything right, stupid, childish, immature, self loathing, pained, alone, secluded, forgotten, selfish, misunderstood, and the list goes on....

Help me.

I want help

I don't know how to ask and I am scared that people will think I am just doing this for attention and will not like me at all anymore. I am scared. I don't think my parents will believe me. Or they might think the other did something wrong and get into a big fight. Or they might just say "That's life." or "Get over it at least you don't have cancer or something". I'm scared. I am scared of myself what if I hurt myself really badly? What if I lose to myself? I don't think straight when I am in an episode! I have hurt myself before!
My boyfriend doesn't even know just how much pain I am in and I tell him everything, but I can't tell him right now, his best friend died three days ago and I don't want him to worry about me along with dealing with the pain of losing someone close.

Please and I don't even totally understand what is making me feel this way but if it gets much worse then Idk what I might do and it feels awful. omg. help me please. I don't know what to do or think about this anymore. I thought it would go away but it's been around since summer started and has progressively gotten worse..

And I go to college and my mom is in both of my classes and I can't really go to a counselor or anything because of that... and the friends I have told just do NOT understand what I say when I tell them I am sad and depressed and hate myself and everything!! They think that I am just being like a normal teenager but I know that this is NOT how I should be feeling if I was just being a normal teenager.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: I don't feel so happy - September 27th 2009, 06:47 AM

sometimes its hard to shake the saddness have you tried talking to your local doctor? they can be a good place to start. Sometimes its hard to talk to our parents and find the right words writing your mum a letter maybe easier for you to share your feelings with her. hope this helps a little i am always here for a chat just pm me.
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Mixtape91 Offline
Falling Up
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: I don't feel so happy - September 27th 2009, 07:49 AM

I'm sorry your feeling so awful,
Theirs always help out there so don't give up looking for it. Admitting and recognizing you want help is great and a huge accomplishment. You could talk to your doctor or find another counselor who has no relations to your mom. If not, is their a trusted adult you could talk to? Don't give and keep strong!

Feel free to PM anytime

“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”

- Edgar Allen Poe

The only truth is change, have patience
  Send a message via AIM to Mixtape91  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I don't feel so happy - September 27th 2009, 02:10 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are feeling so badly but please hang in there because you will be okay and things will get better.

Now, I think the best thing to do is to talk to your parents about this. I know it will be hard but they will be able to get you the help that you deserve. And, if they think you are doing it for the purpose of getting attention that is their fault and not your own. From experience though I think telling them is the best thing and whatever happens happens and you can deal with it when it comes. If you think to far ahead of yourself you are going to let these what if thoughts get to you and stop you from helping yourself. Please do not allow them to interfere with you getting help because when you get help it will be a great feeling.

Please hang in there and if you ever need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread