TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rriot132 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Meera

Unhappy depression 4 no reason - September 28th 2009, 10:27 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ive been getting depressed alot lately and the reason for it is..well there is no reason. it comes around one day then goes out the next then comes around then goes out. its a cycle that happens to me at least once a week and im getting sick and tired of it.
at school ive got nice friends but sometimes they can be a bit mean to me. like once this guy call "M" told me he hates me and then again today he told me to go suck cock for no apparent reason. all of my friends think its funny and started laughing but i dont. i was on the verge of crying. they all say his cool and awesome. but i dont think so.
is this the reason im feeling depressed?
please help me...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: depression 4 no reason - September 28th 2009, 07:08 PM

Do you think that's the reason your depressed??

... It's normal that you feel depressed or sad once in a while.

what makes you feel better?? what helps you destress??

know that all the answers are within you, you can make yourself better, and only you, but we're here to help and guide you on this difficult journey. so if you ever need anything, i'm right here!!

that wasnt very nice of him, and of your friends. if they're the type you can talk to and then tell them!! tell them that you think it's not cool watsoever!! wat's so cool at laughing at people? making someone look like a fool infront of others?? that's rude!! .. and it's not your fault, it's his, for finding a way to shine by belittling others. he sounds a bit of a bully.
sumtimes people dont mean to be like that, they just need their attention brought to it, if that's the case, let him know in private (otherwise you'll be embaressing him and it'll have the opiste effect) that you seriously do NOT appericate it.
get yourself busy fixing the things that upset you, and you'll feel much less upset-even if they dont get better, but bcos u've done your part! ... and if they don't get better, you'll at least have an idea who's worth your friendship, and who's not- so then you can make new friends, people who appericate you!!!

Good luck!
and i hope i was of some help!
-smile (you seem like a wonderful person!)

Last edited by peaceful_liberation; September 28th 2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: lil fault!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Paul. Offline
Average Joe

Re: depression 4 no reason - September 28th 2009, 07:56 PM

Hi Meera,

Sometimes it can seem like you get down for no real reason, but often when that happens to people there's really something else at the bottom of it. Its common to get sad or feel lonely at times just from having low self esteem. Everyone gets sad sometimes, so I would hold back from calling it depressed or depression unless someone actually diagnoses you. It can hurt when people call you names or think they're better than you, but you can do a lot more damage labeling yourself something that you aren't. Talk about this with your friends; its never good to bottle everything up.

Just because you're picked on sometimes doesn't mean you are bad, different, or not as good as anyone else. If this guy keeps saying these things about you then tell him to stop. If he doesn't, then he's not worth your time. He sounds like the sort that likes attention, and needs people to laugh at the things he does and says. If you just ignore him or walk away whenever he's being a jerk he may just stop. If it gets out of hand talk to someone like a teacher, or even just your friends. A lot of the time friends make fun of each other sometimes, its just part of growing up. Don't take any of the things they might say to heart though (unless they're being nice of course) = ]

Chin up, don't be expecting those lows or else they'll be bound to come.
take care,
Matt

(#4 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: depression 4 no reason - September 28th 2009, 08:10 PM

I know how you feel, whenever I'm depressed it comes on suddently and just leaves.
Its extremely hard to deal with and i think maybe you should go to a doctor and see if there is something you can do for it, because i just left mine alone and it isn't getting better.
  Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
Closed Thread