TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BethanyM Offline
peyton_sawyer's_twin
Not a n00b

Name: Bethany

Unhappy i just want it all to end - September 28th 2009, 08:51 PM

a while ago i posted a topic to say thanks for helping me get over my self-harm. i have gotten over it and i dont feel like self-harming but instead i'm feeling really suicidal.
see lately nothing has been going right for me and even when it does something always seems to come along and make it worse again and i'm honestly not exaggerating or over-reacting. also, i have alot of high-school problems, like homework stress, friends falling out, not getting along with my parents etc.
i feel so stressed and depressed that i'm making myself feel ill. i really cant see the point in life anymore. ive even got a trip to disney-land coming up and i'm getting a new phone soon... ive probably got tonnes more things to forward to but i cant feel even the least bit excited about any of them.
all i seem to want right now is to give up so that it'll all just go away. but i know that i shoulddnt be feeling like this... no-one should. but i really just cannot see the point in anything at all anymore.

"it's okay to be messed up, 'cause there's five guys who are just as messed up as you." - Gerard Way

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AlexTheUseless Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: i just want it all to end - September 28th 2009, 09:18 PM

Hey Bethany,

Right off the bat, you should know that suicide isn't the answer. Things might feel like they're not going to get better, but they will. Trust me, I know how you feel, and I'm aware that it sometimes feels like you're never going to be happy again. But things usually have a way of working themselves out, and I'm sure they will for you if you just hold on and keep trying to cope with life. Just don't give up. I understand that 14 is a really tough and stressful age, but everything goes uphill after that. Before you know it, you'll be out of high school and that obstacle will be out of your life for good.

If you ever feel like you might commit suicide, though, tell an adult that you trust or call 911. They'll be able to help.

PM me if you need anything or if you just need a friend to talk to, and I hope you have lots of fun in Disneyland!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Paul. Offline
Average Joe

Re: i just want it all to end - September 29th 2009, 02:34 AM

Hi Bethany,

Everyone has different thresholds for pain, and this includes emotional pain. No matter who you are and what your problems are - if you don't have any ways of coping with stress, then those emotional problems can start to cloud everything up. Everyone has problems and many of them cannot be fixed. People get by though, and they do this by releasing that stress and frustration caused by the problems. Think about all the things you're interested in, hobbies, sports, friends, etc. These are all good coping methods, and you'll need them if you're going to beat these feelings. You could start by taking walks, or perhaps by drawing or writing poetry. Exercise can be pretty important if you aren't getting any. Eventually you're going to find yourself not only doing things to get your mind off everything, but you're going to genuinely enjoy yourself and be happy.

Even if you don't feel these suicidal thoughts are going to materialize as an attempt, it is still very serious. This is one of those things that it is definitely 'better safe than sorry.' If there are any adults you trust you could try talking to them about things, including your parents. Most middle schools and high schools have counselors; you might try paying yours a visit. You've always got th as a resource, but nothing beats face to face support.

I hope you feel better soon.
take care,
Matt

Closed Thread