TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Again - September 29th 2009, 03:25 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I tried to kill myself today. I cant post much, boyfriend is coming. But..yeah I feel like absolute shit

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Anomaly Offline
Penguins love you
I can't get enough

Re: Again - September 29th 2009, 04:25 AM

Hey Mystery,

Im sorry your going through such a rough time right now but you can get through this.

I dont know whats making you feel this way but I can tell you that there is hope and things will get better it just might take some time. But things will be ok.

Can you tell your boyfriend how your feeling? Seeing as he's your boyfriend im sure he cares a lot about you and dosent want you to be hurting. I know its hard but sometimes you've just got to let people in.

You deserve to be happy and healthy. You deserve to enjoy life. You deserve so many things. One thing that you do not deserve is going through this alone. So dont let yourself. Theres people out there that love you and care about you. You affect so many peoples lives with everything you do. If you were gone imagne how people would feel. When you start feeling like that think of your boyfriend let him keep you around.

www.teenhelp.org/hotlines
if you've never heard of this before its a really great thread with a bunch of ways that you can talk with people and get some help. They are there to help you out.
www.teenhelp.org/alternatives
that also is a really great thread. It has loads and loads of ideas on it. Just reading it can help get your mind off of things.

Go out and do things that make you happy. Plan a day out with your frienda and just have fun. Relax, if your stressed it can make things worse. You will get through this.

When your feeling suicidal dont let yourself be alone. Talk to somebody go to somebodys house just dont be alone. Dont let yourself be tempted. I know you'll most likly want to be alone but dont let yourself.

You'll get through this. Pm me anytime.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Again - September 29th 2009, 03:26 PM

Thanks Kendi. It's just that I always thought getting a job or going to college would give me something to keep going for that WASN'T a human, you know? But just trying to get these things feels almost impossible. I'm so close...but still so far. And I'm just tired of trying. And my boyfriend was teasing me about my driving last night (which I can't stand anyone saying anything about my driving as I am just learning really) and it made me feel bad. And then I realized I owe him and the school money that I don't have. And when I tried to talk to somebody about how depressed I was, nobody cared or were too busy or just weren't around.

So I just gave up. Tried to get it over with. But I'm still here... *sigh*

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Again - September 29th 2009, 08:46 PM

Hey there Mystery,

I am sorry that you tried to harm yourself but I am so glad that you are still here. I know how difficult life can be at times but please keep on hanging on because the hard times will turn good with time. I know that sometimes it is hard to believe in this but it really is true. Struggles are part of life but so are good times.

I know sometimes it feels like people do not care but please believe me when I say that that is the depression talking and not the truth. I am sure there are a lot of people in your life who care immensely about you. Sometimes you just have to push those feelings of 'no one cares' aside and make yourself believe that people do care.

The thing with sadness is it can cause us to believe things that are not true. It makes us think we are alone and what not but this is not true at all.

Now, I think talking to someone about this would be a great idea. I think you need to tell your boyfriend that his jokes about your driving upset you. I am sure he would be understanding and try his hardest to not make jokes again.

Also, if you don't already I think it would be a great idea if you found a therapist to talk to. I know that therapists can be difficult to talk to but in the end they can be really helpful. I think that a therapist could really help you figure things out. I know that having someone who is objective and caring to talk to can be really helpful and a therapist is all of those things.

Here is a link that could help you in your search to find a therapist. If you decide that that is right for you.

http://locator.apa.org/

Also, the holine link that Kendi gave could be helpful as well. The people at the hotlines are pretty understanding and they want to see you through the hard times. So, if you are ever feeling the need to hurt yourself please give the hotline a call before you do anything.

And, lastly, if you ever feel like you are in immediate danger of hurting yourself please contact a local hospital or call the authorities/ambulance so that they can help you.

Please hang in there and know that you deserve to get better. You deserve to enjoy the happiness life can bring your way.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Again - September 30th 2009, 01:38 AM

You can always message me.

Closed Thread