TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xeno Offline
Lost & Confused
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Vera

My mom kicked me out. - October 2nd 2009, 06:45 AM

Since February my mom and I have been fighting non-stop. (This all started after she was fired.) We will fight about anything AND everything. First she always yelled at ME about not having a job (a bit of a hypocrite right?) When I got a job I got in trouble for not working enough hours, then I became ungrateful, started "stealing" money from her.. pretty much anything that a teenager could do wrong she yelled at me for doing it. Even though i never did any of these things!
After dealing with this for so long I got really angry and actually did start taking money from her. I just stopped caring. I figured if I was getting grounded over and over again for things i wasn't doing I may as well just do it.
Eventually i stopped doing this because... idk, i guess i thought the fighting would stop. It didn't. Things only got worse. So what did I do? I stopped arguing and fighting. When she yelled I wouldn't say anthing back, and i never started the fights anymore. Then, about 2 weeks ago, she took my cell phone, my car and kicked me out. Now I'm stuck with my dad who smokes pot all day and Hasn't had anything to do with me for the past 4 years.
I started cutting again because of all of this. I hadn't cut myself for 3 years and now it's all down the drain.
I'm tired of trying to fix things. I'm tired of opening myself up, telling her how much I hurt, just to have her manipulate my words and throw it all back in my face. I can't handle the pain anymore.
I don't know what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mittens The Cat Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mittens The Cat

Re: My mom kicked me out. - October 8th 2009, 08:44 PM

Ok, i cant really help with much, but if the phone contract and the car are under your name, then legally she stole them from you. You stealing money is wrong, but a car is much bigger. I, personally would see if i could move in wit ha friend from school, thats if you hate your dad.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Mittens The Cat 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Candy Offline
U think it, but i'll ink it...
Not a n00b

Name: Candy

Re: My mom kicked me out. - October 8th 2009, 11:47 PM

u dont need this stess. just know ur mom is wrong! some people - like my mum- dnt admit to being wrong.
u've done he best by realising u shouldnt retaliate which i guess just annoys her.
she has to do this by jerself. let her figure shes wrong try talk if not give her space. \cuttin urself is no good it makes u feel worse. write a diary or blog when ur mad. it will help.
save her by saving urself because u are boh hurting right now.
Good luck!

Candy =)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: My mom kicked me out. - October 9th 2009, 12:36 AM

Hi, I think I know how you feel. You just begin giving as much shit for what she says as she does for what you say. It stops mattering. Do you know exactly why she kicked you out though? Nothing happened that day? To me it just sounds like she'd been waiting to do it for a while, just to rip your car and phone off you.

I have something to comment on what Candy said though. Im not sure that not retaliating in this case is the best idea. Although you DO stop caring completely, so you can't really help it. What I found when I turned cold to my parents is they got even more pissed off. Perhaps that's what tipped your mum enough to kick you out. Although mine never kicked me out. Somehow my mum found some use in me staying, but she talked a lot about kicking me out. And I did think that perhaps there were things that I could have maybe done to make my mum think if she was doing the right thing, but it would have just been desperate, and I didn't like the thought of it, besides I don't think it would have worked. And, find some outlet. Maybe do sports, or music, whatever there might be that you're into, or that you enjoy. It helps a lot.

And I would personally advice you go stay with some close friend in the meantime, rather than with your dad, especially if he's what you say he's like. Ive known someone who lived with her dad, who was a druggie. It ended badly, it's a long story, but that's probably where it started. If you can't stay with a friend, how about stay with someone else from your familly maybe?

If there's somethin you want to talk about you can pm me. Im on usualy at least once a day.

Last edited by BDF; October 9th 2009 at 12:45 AM.

Closed Thread