TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
solost10 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

There is hope - October 8th 2009, 05:04 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

For everyone thinking that there is no hope left in them then you should read this. I was recently hospitilized for attempting suicide and depression. I was in there for 16 days and I learned so much and met so many people that are helping me live every second of my day. I'm not saying that its all so easy and you can just get better in a few weeks it is going to take me years to maybe and hopefully get better. But giving up solves nothing for no one. I kept telling people that I didn't want to kill myself just to kill myself I wanted to kill myself so all of the pain would go away. Sure I cut and burned and do everything else but that doesn't mean that it is worth dying for. It is just a bump in the road and maybe it is steep but you are worth it and can get over it, you just need to believe in yourself. And if you are really, I mean really struggling then go to a metal hospital like I did. You can relate to people so well and you feel like you are living in a totally different world. You can try and tell other people how you feel but they can't relate to you. I promise you that you can get over the bump because I know I did.
PM me anytime if you are struggling, I want to help you and allow you to live your life.
 Send a message via ICQ to solost10  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
justlikeme0 Offline
Average Joe

Re: There is hope - October 9th 2009, 03:21 AM

im so happy for you. youre getting help and i know that even though it may take awhile, that bump will just be a thing of the distant past. your words are so inspirational. i think that this post just made my day.

(>^-^)> HUG <(^-^<)

whether the weather is cold
or whether the weather is hot
we'll whether the weather
whatever the weather
whether we like it or not.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Larrinda Offline
Average Joe

Name: Larri :)

Re: There is hope - October 14th 2009, 02:40 AM

You are such an inspiration.

I seriously had a blade to my wrist the other day when I heard a knock on my room door. If it was not for my friend I would not be here.

I didnt want to die either I just couldnt take the pain and I didnt believe that there was anyway for me to fight through it and win because no matter how hard I try I always get back down.

Right now I am up but I am commited to helping people and making sure that noone has zero replies,

Like you said about yourself. Its usually the same for all depressed people. They dont want to die they just dont want to deal with the pain anymore.

When my grandmother was still alove she used to tell me that Depression is like cancer or other life threatening illnesses. It can take your life.,

"My life is like a rolling river
So muddy and absurd
And although I might be mistaken
I know that Iíll be heard
And I find the second I try to pull away
Iím thrown back in line
All this time"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: There is hope - October 16th 2009, 07:44 PM

I'm so happy you managed to get some help Sarah. Everything you said is very true and i hope this will be an inspiration to others who are in the situation that you were in. Good on you! :]

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sabriel99 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Would I tell you?

Re: There is hope - October 29th 2009, 07:42 PM

Thank you for not dying worthlessly.

Closed Thread