TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Parr Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Im ready to die. - October 9th 2009, 08:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm ready i'm tired of the shit I have to put up with My mom an Alcoholic and she beats on me calls me stupid and dumb because I have a Learning Disability. Now shes threatening to kick me out and find a new home or she'll have me as a wardeen of the state. This is to be done by Sunday. Im only 14.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
solost10 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Re: Im ready to die. - October 9th 2009, 10:32 PM

Dont give up. PM me anytime really I want to help you
 Send a message via ICQ to solost10  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Im ready to die. - October 9th 2009, 10:38 PM

Hi Parr!!

I am so sorry that you have such a difficult mom. My dad was an alcoholic - so I understand how hurting it can be to live with someone who is always so unfair, unreasonable and - well - cruel. I often felt as if I was suffocating - that there was no way to escape. I felt TRAPPED. But I've learned something over the years - and that is - sometimes when you're caught in a big storm - you just have ride the waves. Now that doesn't mean that you have to accept the abuse. What it means is that we have to accept that THIS is the way it is. It also means that we WE have to accept that WE are unable to change how someone ELSE is behaving. And once we accept that fact - THEN we we need to figure out a way OUT that's best for US. Sadly - a lot of people in your situation [Including ME - when I was 15 years old] make the mistake of assuming that DEATH is the only way out. But that's not true. Fact is - your mom has NO RIGHT to beat you OR to call you names. NONE AT ALL. You deserve to be treated with kindness, compassion AND RESPECT. Your mom has a problem. And sadly - YOU are caught in the web of HER problem. But it's still your mom's problem. So let's think of some OTHER ways OUT. Do you have any relatives that you could stay with? Or any friends? Do you live near a church. Quite often churches are good places to go to when we're in trouble and need help. And even IF the answer to all of those questions is 'NO' - that doesn't mean that your situation is hopeless. It just means that you're going to have to think of something else. But don't give up on life. I know it FEELS as though nothing will ever get better. But that's only a feeling. Truth is - this awful time for you is only temporary. It will NOT last forever. I know. I thought it would never end. But it did. And life got better.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Im ready to die. - October 10th 2009, 12:41 AM

Hey there,

Please hang in there because things will work out. I know that sometimes it doesn't seem that way but with times good things will start to come your way.

I want you to know that you do not deserve to be treated the way in which your mother is treating you. You deserve to be treated with kindness, love and respect and the fact that your mom cannot/will not show that to you does not reflect on you as a person. Sometimes parents are not capable of love but that does not mean there is anything wrong with you. You are a very special person and I am sure you have a lot to offer in this world.

Now, I think you should consider talking to someone about the way your mom is treating you. I know it will be hard but if you talked to someone they might be able to help you get things under control and stop you from enduring anymore abuse.

Please hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Im ready to die. - October 11th 2009, 11:32 AM

Hey there Parr,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling suicidal right now.
I insist that you do talk to someone that you trust about how you are feeling, such as a relative, a teacher, a doctor, a counsellor or a hotline. There is a large list of people who you could consider opening up to [here]. Nothing is worth killing or hurting yourself over. Even though you may only be able to see death as the only, easiest option, I can assure you that it is not. There are so many more options, so many people who want to help you through this difficult time that you are going through. You state that you're only fourteen years old - you have so much more life to live and so much time for things to improve for you, time for change for the better.
I'm sorry to hear that your mother is an alcoholic and that she has been calling you stupid and dumb - those things are not true at all. I don't think that you seem stupid or dumb, but it does seem that your mother is being unfair and that she has a problem that she needs to sort through and deal with. Perhaps you could talk to someone about your mother and how she is treating you, Parr? I think that could really help the both of you.

Please try and reach out to someone and take care.

Closed Thread