TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NEVERSHOUTNEVER<3
Average Joe

-.- - October 10th 2009, 02:01 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

blah...i just...idunno anymore...i cant do this anymore..its like so not worth it...like. idunno...everytime i tell someone suttin is wrong they change the subject or tell me they have to go. so i really dont have anyone to actually talk to that will sit and listen and shit-.- i mean theres not much to talk about but still it would be nice to know someones there...i just really wanna cut and kill myself....my urge to drink and do drugs again is sooo high right now...it sucks...i just...wish i could go numb...and forget everything...idunno...just a rant i guess...but im about to take some pills...idunno what else to do nymore....

how stubborn are the scars when they wont fade away..or just a gentle reminder that now are better days
<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: -.- - October 10th 2009, 03:19 AM

Hey Cassie!
I appreciate that you realize that something is wrong and that you got on here to tell someone about it. I admire you for that. There are so many people that choose suicide without even asking for help. So I think that asking for help really shows us something.
First off, I want you to know that you can always come to me and talk to me about anything, anything you want to talk about, I will be here to listen. And it's not because I'm on staff. It's because I care about you, and I want you to be okay. TeenHelp needs you! I've seen you give out some incredible adivce, and it's really just inspirational and powerful. You have a way of getting people to reconsider their thoughts, and I admire that also.
From what I've seen on here, you seem like such a wonderful girl with so much potential, and I hope you never lose sight of that potential.
If you are telling people something is wrong, and they ignore you or leave, I think you're talking to the wrong people. Maybe you can try some other people? I think that would be really good for you. You deserve to be heard, and you deserve help if it's help that you're seeking.
I know what it's like to have temptation come up on you, and seem stronger than you, but the truth is, you can overcome it. I know you can! I have so much faith in you girl! So Much. I think that when temptation comes up, maybe call someone and get your mind taken off of it. You can try looking at the Subsititutions for temptation, and I know that we have some really good ones listed. I hope that you can try out a couple of those and that they'll work for you.
I care about you Cassie. And I would hate for anything bad to happen to you. Please know you can always PM me or even VM me if you just want some fun talk (: I will always be here for you. I can promise that. I hope that you're doing a little better now, and I hope that you get through this. It's hard, I know it is, but I know that you have the strength to overcome it!

Always. Kayla.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dervisher Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: -.- - October 10th 2009, 03:49 AM

Kayla Coleman explained it way better than I could, you know i'll always be there for you cassie and I care a lot about you. I'm sorry if i've changed the subject (not on purpose, I promise) I didn't realise I was if I was doing it. I know you've got potential and it's not even questionable that you're able to overcome your negative urges.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lizalover Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elizabeth

Re: -.- - October 11th 2009, 01:32 AM

Wow! Cassie, that was better said then I could have said, but I do agree with Cassie, you are an amazing girl and I wouldn't want anything to happen to you. Remember, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Also cutting and any other form of negative coping method is only going to give you a few seconds/hours of relief and then you are going to feel horrible about it. You can PM anytime that you want to talk. I know how you are feeling and maybe talking to someone who has been there and made through it will help you to feel like there is hope to get better. I know that it helped me.

"Damaged people are dangerous because they know they can survive."
"Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow."
"Challenges are what make life interesting."
"We can draw lessons from the past, but we cannot live in it."
  Send a message via AIM to lizalover Send a message via Yahoo to lizalover  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Beautiful_mind Offline
counsellor @ positive mind
Average Joe

Name: chantel

Re: -.- - October 11th 2009, 09:46 AM

Hi Cassie,
I am glad your not bottling things up and you are talking about them. I am always here if you need a shoulder. I think you should also keep telling people around you until they listen. If you find it hard to talk try writing a letter that way is sometimes easier.
You are an amazing person and give great advice. When i am on live help people are asking to talk to you alot of the times because you help them alot, now you need a bit of support to and i am here just like everyone else that cares for you is. Hang in there be strong and let people around you in. You give some great advice, try and think what would you say to someone that was telling you what you are telling us now.
Pm me anytime i am here for you
  Send a message via MSN to Beautiful_mind Send a message via Yahoo to Beautiful_mind  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: -.- - October 11th 2009, 11:42 AM

Hi Cassie,

It's good that you are trying to tell people that something is wrong and that you are trying to reach out to people, that's something to be proud of, so give yourself some credit for that.
I disagree that there is no one who is willing to sit and listen to you, Cassie. There are so many people who want to help you, I'm sure that you haven't reached out to everyone if you think that no one will listen, perhaps you just haven't found the right people yet? I know it can be discouraging when you try and talk to someone and they don't seem to listen but that's not your fault. The subject of Depression & Suicide is difficult for a lot of people to talk about, so maybe they find it difficult to talk about too, Cassie, but it doesn't mean that EVERYONE is going to change the subject.
Offline, where there is help that I'd strongly suggest that you get if you're thinking about substance abuse or suicide, there is a lot of people who can help. These people include friends, relatives, teachers, counsellors, doctors, religious leaders and hotlines. Those people will most certainly listen to you. Of course, we're always going to be here to listen to you too, as you've probably already seen thanks to the above replies.
Whatever you're going through or whatever problems you're facing, they're not worth hurting yourself over. Once you have reached out for some offline help then I'm sure things should get easier for you. Things can change.

Take care.

Closed Thread